Any thoughts on removing the sway bars?

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
if you carry a lot of weight I wouldn't do it but if you just ride normal and not try to high speed cornering and things like that go for it the plus is that it allows your rear to flex oh soooo much better the bad is if you carry weight the the rear body roll is to much on off camber hills

p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
Any thoughts on removing the sway bars?
I don't know what your riding preferences are, but I bought my P500 as a "sport-utility". I want to carry things on it, versus a backpack. ( I've gotten lazy in my advancing years. Ha! ) Unless you are trying to make yours into a "rock crawler", I see no reason to remove the sway bar. You will lose a lot of advantages (stability) in one direction, to gain a relatively small advantage (flexibility) in the other. This is just one "old guy's" opinion, so you "adrenaline junkies" can disregard my ramblings. Ha!

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I am 700 and I know this is Y'alls wishing well but ill throw my 2 cents in and say I have see more then a few people say that they have laid those 500's over on there side. I am not sure takeing the sway bar off will help much.

Reactions: p500fan

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!