P500 Tail gate support

B

Bomersteve35

Jan 9, 2021
Portland or
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
Look at the lower hinge mounts. My gmc the right mount is made to have the tailgate open half way and then pull off. As many tailgates do. This is a problem as with the right bumps it could bounce out of the mounts and screw up stuff. I have a long box and just take the tailgate off. It is a ton of stress on it and that much weight is how they get warped.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Look at the lower hinge mounts. My gmc the right mount is made to have the tailgate open half way and then pull off. As many tailgates do. This is a problem as with the right bumps it could bounce out of the mounts and screw up stuff. I have a long box and just take the tailgate off. It is a ton of stress on it and that much weight is how they get warped.
Agree, guess thats why DG tailgate supports provided a big zip tie around that right mount.

Reactions: Smitty335 and CID
hallic

hallic

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2019
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
I threaded a steel hose clamp around that mount on mine. Slows down potential tailgate thieves, wont bounce out, still only takes a minute with a power screwdriver to get it on or off.

Reactions: Smitty335 and CID
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I threaded a steel hose clamp around that mount on mine. Slows down potential tailgate thieves, wont bounce out, still only takes a minute with a power screwdriver to get it on or off.
Same here.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!