Take alongs?

KennyW

KennyW

Aug 12, 2021
Douglasville GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
newbie here just getting my gear together. I drive an 2018 1000-5 dual battery, 4500lb kfi. Winch kit wth tree hugger , 1snatch block snatch block. Air compressor tire plug kit, first aid kit

advertisement
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I carry what you have listed, plus a few tools. A backup winch line is good, especially if you get rid of that s***ty cable and go to synthetic. A dry box is good to carry extra warm clothes and such (I use an old cooler.) My most utilitarian carry-along is the chain saw. We're constantly taking out fallen trees out there.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you want to go into possible trail fixes, a spare tie rod would have to be about the highest priority (along with the tools to trail-swap one) followed by either a CV boot kit or something to trail-patch one. You can go as far as ball joints or an axle. By the time you get to the ball joints or axles, and all the tools it'd take to trail fix them, you're getting space prohibitive - and who else knows what else you'd need before them...

KennyW

KennyW

Aug 12, 2021
Douglasville GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I carry what you have listed, plus a few tools. A backup winch line is good, especially if you get rid of that s***ty cable and go to synthetic. A dry box is good to carry extra warm clothes and such (I use an old cooler.) My most utilitarian carry-along is the chain saw. We're constantly taking out fallen trees out there.
Synthetic already installed. But dry boxes are a great idea. Yep have some tools.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you seen the door storage mods that have been detailed on here? It's a great place to put a bunch of stuff you only use once in a while.

SP82

SP82

Jan 21, 2021
CA
I bought the Honda roll bar bag , mount on the center upper roll bar. Nice and out of they way. I carry first aid kit , tire plugs tiny 12v air compressor some wrenches screw drivers etc in that. I like it cause it’s out of the way and easily accessible. Bigger items can go in the under seat storage (if your model is equipped) parts , screw jack tire iron etc (one day I’ll get a spare tire maybe)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

advertisement
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!