Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
That’s awesome! Also, what are the decimal points on the trails? 12.4 or 10.2 etc? And is there a way to distinguish roads? What about a satalite view instead of topo?
Here is the story on decimal point trails. Sundquist was the original WMA where trails are marked and mapped. TN then bought what is now Royal Blue and New River, the trails are all outlaw being made by locals. TN got tight on money 10 years ago and never formally mapped and numbered those trails. Just last fall they started numbering the New River trails, when there you can see both TWRA & Brimstone trail markers. The satellite tracks were numbered by Dan in a best effort to assign an identifier to them. The ones like Dragonsback etc were named by locals and it stuck. In time it will all be properly marked.

Lifetime-Trailmaps

Lifetime-Trailmaps

Mar 27, 2018
Dalton, GA
www.lifetimetrailmaps.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand
That’s awesome! Also, what are the decimal points on the trails? 12.4 or 10.2 etc? And is there a way to distinguish roads? What about a satalite view instead of topo?
Satellite view is extreme data heavy so we chose efficient TOPO but you can certainly download offline satellite imagery if thats your thing. The decimals are just a way to determine which way you are traveling on the trail. (beginning to end, end to beginning, etc)

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If there's any future interest, I'd be interested in buying some long sleeve Takeover T shirts made for Orangutan armed folks like me. Knuckledragger...

E

Eaglecampground

Sep 9, 2017
Minster, Ohio
www.ohiotele.com
Ownership

1. 700-4
Here is the story on decimal point trails. Sundquist was the original WMA where trails are marked and mapped. TN then bought what is now Royal Blue and New River, the trails are all outlaw being made by locals. TN got tight on money 10 years ago and never formally mapped and numbered those trails. Just last fall they started numbering the New River trails, when there you can see both TWRA & Brimstone trail markers. The satellite tracks were numbered by Dan in a best effort to assign an identifier to them. The ones like Dragonsback etc were named by locals and it stuck. In time it will all be properly marked.
That sounds like a great project for us!!!
Got any plans this summer?

Great dudes, great event, much fun.
Offroaders really are an outstanding bunch of people, always willing to help because they've been there.

Lifetime-Trailmaps

Lifetime-Trailmaps

Mar 27, 2018
Dalton, GA
www.lifetimetrailmaps.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Any pointers in distinguishing what’s a road and what’s a trail?

When you zoom into the TOPO that we have loaded, most of the time it should say the road name if it is a road. In the North Cumberland area, going from trail to trail on gravel roads or pavement has not ever been a concern with TWRA or local County LE.

Reactions: BWAF and sharp
J

JTW

When you zoom into the TOPO that we have loaded, most of the time it should say the road name if it is a road. In the North Cumberland area, going from trail to trail on gravel roads or pavement has not ever been a concern with TWRA or local County LE.
I’ll try that.. I’m not worried about riding on the road. I would just prefer trails to something one could drive a Prius down.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
The wife and i had a frickin blast! I dont have any complaints really. The only thing i would change, cant really be changed anyway. The length of the rides. @JTW already mentioned expect a 3 or 4 hour ride to turn into a 6 or 8 hour ride. I just wish the rides were shorter that way you can swap groups you ride with just to spend time with different people that youve talked with all year long on the forum. I really wanted to go on the P5 only ride saturday but i wasnt able to. Its all good though. The fun meter was pegged out the whole time i was up there and i will try to make time to ride with the people next year that i didnt get to this year. Everybody i met was awesome. We should do a low country boil night! Have a handful of us get all the fixins for a low country boil and have us all start cooking about the same time in the evening and dump pot after pot of low country boil on the newspaper on the picnic tables and stand around plucking what you want off the table and having some adult beverages and bull$hit with eachother. I know its hard to plan stuff like that though. Well thank you to everybody like @knuckledeep and @Tramguage1 and @Windrock1000 and @Hondasxs and everybody that planned and set up and led the groups so us newbies could just sit back and relax and not have to stress. My hats off to you all.

ickes24

ickes24

Oct 26, 2017
Okeana, OH 45053
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
This was our first trip out in our Pioneer. It was a Blast!!!!! Thank you to all who helped organize this event! I know this takes a huge amount of effort. I was a little apprehensive with having a 700 after reading a lot of the posts and watching some videos of other rides.
We did awesome on all of the trails we visited. We did 2 group rides on Friday which were very fun and a good way to get to learn the machine. We did our own ride on Saturday which was a lot of fun! (less dust ;-)).
It was Great being able to meet up with forum members!
It was cool to see all of the mods and add on that people can do to the machines.

I'm not positive, but I think "Wildcat off road park" would be able to accommodate this large of a group. I think they have a bigger camp area but not sure how many cabins.
Thanks again, and we hope to be able to participate at next event! I'm also willing to help, if possible.
We'll be back at RRB again the first weekend in May, meeting up with some people we met on this trip!

J

Jzallen01

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2018
Nashville
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was new this year and had no idea what to expect. That said, think bike rally! Lets go for a band and bonfire for the Saturday night entertainment! If you want to ride, that's cool. If you want to jam and party, that is an option too :)

I like RRB, and with the new campgrounds and RV spots coming online, I think there will be plenty of room for everyone next year.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I was new this year and had no idea what to expect. That said, think bike rally! Lets go for a band and bonfire for the Saturday night entertainment! If you want to ride, that's cool. If you want to jam and party, that is an option too :)

I like RRB, and with the new campgrounds and RV spots coming online, I think there will be plenty of room for everyone next year.
A live southern rock band would be awesome! I will chip in on it for sure!

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mulberry mountain could definitely handle the amount of people. They are limited on their cabins, but there are other lodging options close by. For camping though they have ALOT of room for hookups and even more primitive. I know they have had music festivals with thousands of people out there.

Mack’s pines holds an event called the Rzr back rally every year that has hundreds of people at it too. Again, limited on cabins but lots of room for rv and primitive.

There are other spots we could go to, and if you wanted to do “regional” takeovers you might gain some new people and lose some that aren’t willing to drive anywhere but an hour away. Aka @drfubar lol. Anyways, @JTW hit a lot of the big points. I don’t know why there aren’t vendors there selling things. Seems like a no brainer. Some of the smaller vendors would be hard to get them there but the super atv’s rmatv and some local utv performance shops etc could make a decent amount of money out there if they were making deals. When I worked for 4 wheel parts part of my job was working the “showroom on wheels” and traveling to events like ours (but for trucks back then) I agree on an advisory board or committee to help @Hondasxs get this planned and executed. It’s his baby though so it’s whatever he wants really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Wildcat would not come close to handling our crowd. Very few cabins and not even close on trails. Don't get me wrong I like Wildcat, just not the right place for this large of a group. An option might be Brimstone, they have campgrounds and cabins along with Trailsend that has campground and cabins. They host 2 White Knuckle events that attract thousands. Also a hotel right down the road. Just my 2 cents.

This was our first trip out in our Pioneer. It was a Blast!!!!! Thank you to all who helped organize this event! I know this takes a huge amount of effort. I was a little apprehensive with having a 700 after reading a lot of the posts and watching some videos of other rides.
We did awesome on all of the trails we visited. We did 2 group rides on Friday which were very fun and a good way to get to learn the machine. We did our own ride on Saturday which was a lot of fun! (less dust ;-)).
It was Great being able to meet up with forum members!
It was cool to see all of the mods and add on that people can do to the machines.

I'm not positive, but I think "Wildcat off road park" would be able to accommodate this large of a group. I think they have a bigger camp area but not sure how many cabins.
Thanks again, and we hope to be able to participate at next event! I'm also willing to help, if possible.
We'll be back at RRB again the first weekend in May, meeting up with some people we met on this trip!

J

JTW

Wildcat would not come close to handling our crowd. Very few cabins and not even close on trails. Don't get me wrong I like Wildcat, just not the right place for this large of a group. An option might be Brimstone, they have campgrounds and cabins along with Trailsend that has campground and cabins. They host 2 White Knuckle events that attract thousands. Also a hotel right down the road. Just my 2 cents.
Yeah... wildcat is a day drinkers atv Park.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What about Durhamtown Plantation in Georgia? and I wanna say the same owner bought Tellico and was supposed to have re-opened it some time ago.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree on an advisory board or committee to help @Hondasxs get this planned and executed. It’s his baby though so it’s whatever he wants really.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The wives are already infiltrating. Cue @MRSNEOHIO , @MrsJTW
I don’t know how much @Hondasxs will give up. But they already have started a fb group and discussing raffles, how to help first time wives attending etc.

Next year will be freaking huge!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The wives are already infiltrating. Cue @MRSNEOHIO , @MrsJTW
I don’t know how much @Hondasxs will give up. But they already have started a fb group and discussing raffles, how to help first time wives attending etc.

Next year will be freaking huge!
Ut Ow, it will be great to have them involved! Wives/women are planners/gatherers by nature, let them run with it and we'll just show up and drink beer! I'm not camping at a mall. HA!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!