swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Im not sure you could ask for anything better.My wife kids and myself had a great time....The reviews I read about RRB did it no justice.Staff was great to us.shower houses were cleaned and readily available.Little cabins did their job too.The weather was perfect.Trail access was sooooo convenient.....For the crowd I think Richard and the others did great...Big thankyou from the Sebeks...We will be there next year and hopefully get to meet more folks.....The only thing I would change is I will come a day or two earlier to explore more....I was nervous about my 4 year old and daughter and wife enjoying themselves but they loved it and I did too.....I recommend staying at RRB for takeover....

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Im not sure you could ask for anything better.My wife kids and myself had a great time....The reviews I read about RRB did it no justice.Staff was great to us.shower houses were cleaned and readily available.Little cabins did their job too.The weather was perfect.Trail access was sooooo convenient.....For the crowd I think Richard and the others did great...Big thankyou from the Sebeks...We will be there next year and hopefully get to meet more folks.....The only thing I would change is I will come a day or two earlier to explore more....I was nervous about my 4 year old and daughter and wife enjoying themselves but they loved it and I did too.....I recommend staying at RRB for takeover....

My wife and I tried to stop and welcome all the attendees with families. This is a great event to have many families enjoy the woods of Tennessee

C

Chooglin

We really enjoyed our time at the Takeover. The only complaint I have is , I wish I would have arrived two days earlier. There was so many people I wanted to meet but just not enough time.

Is it possible this event can get "To Big" ?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
We really enjoyed our time at the Takeover. The only complaint I have is , I wish I would have arrived two days earlier. There was so many people I wanted to meet but just not enough time.

Is it possible this event can get "To Big" ?
Honda Stock? We have some regional rides here in Arkansas, we get some out of TX, OK, MR, LA, all within 7 hour drives. I think Tram and Walter have to drive the farthest. And we have a good turn out. We have been doing a north and a south AR get togethers. White Lightning hosted a club ride at lake Greasson last fall, it was very dusty, but no one can call that, we had a blast, bout starved to death;)

Last edited:
Harman24630

Harman24630

Mar 24, 2016
Tazewell Va
Ownership

1. 700-4
The wives are already infiltrating. Cue @MRSNEOHIO , @MrsJTW
I don’t know how much @Hondasxs will give up. But they already have started a fb group and discussing raffles, how to help first time wives attending etc.

Next year will be freaking huge!
My wife would like to know what the name of the fb group is?

Reactions: BWAF
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After researching UTV Resorts one of the problems is finding ones that allow night riding. And most require a helmet even with windshield and roll cage.
Makes me really appreciate RRB.

You can ride 24 hours a day everywhere around here. No one requires helmets either. FYI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
After researching UTV Resorts one of the problems is finding ones that allow night riding. And most require a helmet even with windshield and roll cage.
Makes me really appreciate RRB.
You mean people pay to stay somewhere to ride where there is a curfew?

Harman24630

Harman24630

Mar 24, 2016
Tazewell Va
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yes it’s $50 per passenger, you can’t camp, drink, have a fire or a gun. Have to wear a helmet wear seatbelts and be off the trails at dark. These are most the basic rules for the Hatfield McCoy trails.
But every Thursday I start seeing gooseneck trailers full of SXS ATVs and dirt bikes headed that way from outa state and Sunday morning headed back with dirty machines. As far as I know the spearhead trails have basically the same guidelines but I’ve never rode any of them. Not to mention they also have trail police.

Last edited:
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Mulberry mountain could definitely handle the amount of people. They are limited on their cabins, but there are other lodging options close by. For camping though they have ALOT of room for hookups and even more primitive. I know they have had music festivals with thousands of people out there.

Mack’s pines holds an event called the Rzr back rally every year that has hundreds of people at it too. Again, limited on cabins but lots of room for rv and primitive.

There are other spots we could go to, and if you wanted to do “regional” takeovers you might gain some new people and lose some that aren’t willing to drive anywhere but an hour away. Aka @drfubar lol. Anyways, @JTW hit a lot of the big points. I don’t know why there aren’t vendors there selling things. Seems like a no brainer. Some of the smaller vendors would be hard to get them there but the super atv’s rmatv and some local utv performance shops etc could make a decent amount of money out there if they were making deals. When I worked for 4 wheel parts part of my job was working the “showroom on wheels” and traveling to events like ours (but for trucks back then) I agree on an advisory board or committee to help @Hondasxs get this planned and executed. It’s his baby though so it’s whatever he wants really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That wasn't nice Mr. Bomar.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Wildcat would not come close to handling our crowd. Very few cabins and not even close on trails. Don't get me wrong I like Wildcat, just not the right place for this large of a group. An option might be Brimstone, they have campgrounds and cabins along with Trailsend that has campground and cabins. They host 2 White Knuckle events that attract thousands. Also a hotel right down the road. Just my 2 cents.
Wildcat in KY? You hit the nail on the head. Not even in the same league.
Yeah... wildcat is a day drinkers atv Park.
Your point?
What about Durhamtown Plantation in Georgia? and I wanna say the same owner bought Tellico and was supposed to have re-opened it some time ago.
I thought Tellico was closed down by a lawsuit from tree huggers? I doubt it will ever be open again...if we're talking about the same place.

Reactions: BWAF and 100Acre
Mudslyder

Mudslyder

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2016
Central Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
We had a great time as well. Our Saturday group ride was led by Choogsbo and Chooglin was the caboose. We had a great time and their choice of trails was a good mix of challenging and easy. 2 waterfalls and Top of the World. Kudos to them.

Vendors or a swap meet on site would be fun but most of us drove a long way to ride. You can only pack so much activity into 2 days with out sacrificing trail time. Nothing wrong with having options though. Maybe some "ride challenges" like a poker run or scavenger hunt would be something we can add. Other events I have been to have had things like a mud bog, make it through win a prize, things like that. RRB does not appear to be set up for a bog but there are some creative people in the club that could come up with ideas. We could even charge a few bucks to participate in the challenges and make them fund raisers.

My only negative comments would be about the campground. We paid 80 dollars a night to "camp" in a gravel parking lot. There was not even a level spot to sit our chairs on. It did have full hook ups but a tree or a few blades of grass would have been a welcome addition to our parking lot.

Our experience with the staff was a little different as well. The girls in the General Store acted like we were bothering them when we checked in or had a question. Maybe they were just tired but we didn't get the southern hospitality we expected. We also thought it was odd no one from the campground spoke at the Saturday dinner. We thought a few words welcoming the group and appreciation for making their facility home base would have been appropriate. After all, I am sure they made a few extra bucks that weekend.

All in all it was a great weekend and well organized. Every club member we encountered was all smiles.
Thanks to Hondasxs and everyone who helped organize the event, we will be back next year.

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Yes it’s $50 per passenger, you can’t camp, drink, have a fire or a gun. Have to wear a helmet wear seatbelts and be off the trails at dark. These are most the basic rules for the Hatfield McCoy trails.

For hatfield Its $50 for the year, which depending on your riding group could be cheaper or more expensive than RRB. you can camp at campsites which are everywhere and you can have a gun now. If you want to drink and not wear a helmet and have a fire then you can ride the outlaw trails... which are free to ride.

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
For hatfield Its $50 for the year, which depending on your riding group could be cheaper or more expensive than RRB. you can camp at campsites which are everywhere and you can have a gun now. If you want to drink and not wear a helmet and have a fire then you can ride the outlaw trails... which are free to ride.
Well call me Jesse James then. I’d be hanging my hat somewhere along those outlaw trails.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!