P1000 Talk me out of buying a 1000

J

JTW

So...
I was able to save around $3000 by making the trip.

The bad:
1400 miles, about 22 hours of driving (7:00 AM Sunday - 12:00 AM Monday)
$320 for fuel
$98 for hotel
Poorly prepped machine (steering wheel not straight, alignment off)... hopefully no other issues!

Net savings is well over $2000. I just hope I don’t ever need to take this thing to a dealer!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Buy the lifetime membership on here and you’ll have access to the digital p1000 service manual!

https://hondasxs.com/pember-product/1/join

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Perfect thanks!

I only use Tapatalk and the search function is either useless, or I am too stupid

I always use tapatalk and yea its worthless. Actually the best route is to use Google and put hondasxs in front or end of whatever you're looking for.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Oh yeah. I have at least two! Lol.

I have some alignments on atvs before. But those were basket case cheap machines that I was just going to flip.

I want to make sure the new 1000 is dead nuts and done right

Lots of us have done it on the trail many times it's pretty easy. If you want dead on you'll need to set it, drive it, then set it again. Get a 17mm maybe 19 socket and you can pop the steering wheel off and turn it one notch.

If you feel any better I did the same thing driving 8 hrs one way. They didn't fix my alignment either.

Tuco69

Tuco69

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2017
Middle Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Understand the trek. Bought my last atv an the sxs across state borders (4 hours there) for 7% reasons and cheaper out the door .....closest dealer 45 minutes away has been super for recalls.

Reactions: ehart814
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Perfect thanks!

I only use Tapatalk and the search function is either useless, or I am too stupid

Like CUO said it’s tough from Tapatalk. Even the search bar on the site can be waist of time. Google is way to go

G

GGreen

May 18, 2018
Amherst, MA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welp.... I put a deposit on a 2018 1000-5;Deluxe. It’s in the banks hands now... if they offer me a good loan, I’ll be going on a road trip.

I only got the hard roof, nothing else added.

Anything specific I should tell them to check before I pick it up?

Yeah, ask them how soon they can get it in to fix it. :) I kid. Good luck and enjoy it!

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
18 miles on it and so far I love it. Comfy, plenty powerful. Love the transmission. I really like the steering feel even tho the alignment is messed up. What bugs me is this things is way more complicated than the 500. Took me a minute to figure out how to check the oil. Still haven’t found the sub trans dipstick. Another two days and I’ll have to do the first service so I’ll be ordering the oil and filters tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
18 miles on it and so far I love it. Comfy, plenty powerful. Love the transmission. I really like the steering feel even tho the alignment is messed up. What bugs me is this things is way more complicated than the 500. Took me a minute to figure out how to check the oil. Still haven’t found the sub trans dipstick. Another two days and I’ll have to do the first service so I’ll be ordering the oil and filters tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's under the passenger seat

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!