highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Picking up a pile of seat risers from the fab shop today. I'll update inventory and let you know when these are ready to ship in the next day or two.

The first 2 passenger side printed plastic covers have been made I'll try the fit today after work. They are rough finish to test fit. If the fit is good then we have some work to do still on the finished print quality. Marching forward!

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Picking up a pile of seat risers from the fab shop today. I'll update inventory and let you know when these are ready to ship in the next day or two.

The first 2 passenger side printed plastic covers have been made I'll try the fit today after work. They are rough finish to test fit. If the fit is good then we have some work to do still on the finished print quality. Marching forward!
I'll order as soon as posted. Like to have before Takeover!

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I'll order as soon as posted. Like to have before Takeover!
The shop called me this morning saying they had a part failure on the laser cutter. They got to all my aluminum except a few pieces but the laser broke before they got to the seat risers. A service tech will be down Thursday with the parts to fix it. So it looks like these items will be another week out.

• Sad
Reactions: Smitty335
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
😂. We are all the same way! I’ll order some hardware tomorrow to get coming to me for when the pieces are ready. I’ll also list on the website and like my tubes set it up for a deposit until I get these in stock from the shop.
Yep! Highly recommended by wife and daughter. Means something when the wife admits she likes something, she’d rather give me s*** something wasn’t needed so gotta really pick good things. Big fan myself.
It has changed the machine more then I had even thought it would. Even a little easier it seems to use the poorly placed trail soda holders

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Today I have opened the store for Talon Seat Riser pre-orders. I'm expecting these within 2 weeks depending on the shop laser repairs this week. If the pre-orders sell out quickly then I'll know to have the shop make more immediately and maybe jump in on the original order.

One change from the store photos is that the powder coat will be a matte black not glossy. That was a mistake on the first few sets delivered to me.

Kits will include mounting hardware. Still working on replacement plastic caps for the passenger side seat fronts.

Coupon code for forum members is: Talonseatrisers That will get you $5 off each seat kit ordered. If you run into a problem with the code, just send me a message. It should work properly though.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
First round of replacement plastic covers for passenger seat.
020C7499 9F8D 4353 B043 79349933E5B7

Low quality print to speed up the process. We have a few dimensional tweaks to make along with a filament material change. Probably one more round of low quality for fit test and once that’s good we’ll work out the print quality. All things take FOREVER to print but injection molded pieces are NOT in the budget! These will work just fine.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
First round of replacement plastic covers for passenger seat.
View attachment 337324
Low quality print to speed up the process. We have a few dimensional tweaks to make along with a filament material change. Probably one more round of low quality for fit test and once that’s good we’ll work out the print quality. All things take FOREVER to print but injection molded pieces are NOT in the budget! These will work just fine.
C7EB14FD AF94 458D 833C 7D3DD426171F

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Here’s a photo comparison of the extruded seat riser for jeeps bought off eBay and my Talon seat risers. This shows the cross section surface area that is actually supporting the seat.

This photo shows the extruded piece on top of my piece for comparison.
B498627F A431 474F ABF4 3DC0E8E17FFA

Side by side comparison
D35A85D2 3603 4532 9FC8 2D9BBA8502EA

My design has much more solid surface area to spread the load across the top of frame tabs and bottom of seat frame it’s setting between.

These extruded pieces will not work with the passenger seat rear studs either. My design will work for all corners of both front seats.

edit:
I wanted to add also that with the extruded piece at the front seat position on both seats, the outside edge overhangs the actual frame mount surface. That means that the load bearing area is reduced to the center section. The first comparison photo above shows this area beyond the size of my seat riser. My seat riser is designed for the smaller frame surface and is specific to the Talon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boundertom and CID
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Backup plan has been put into motion since the laser tech still hasn't made it to the local shop for repairs. Local shop has offered to bend the seat risers if I get them cut. They sent me the cut file specific for their bender and I sent that to another laser cutter. I'll have those next week then to get bent and painted locally. Sorry for the delay but this is the best workaround we figured out to reduce the delay.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Test fit went 50% correct. The plastic rivet holes line up better. Each person may have to adjust seat positions since the seat mounting holes are larger than the bolts.

The front of the new plastic cover is a shade narrower than the OEM one and I broke 2 last night testing the fit. Once I figured out the problem, I reported them to my buddy that's making these. He will make the corrections, test another one and once verified we should be good to go. Each cover takes 10.5 hours to print!!! We are using ASA filament for these since it's more UV resistant. It actually has many benefits over PLA or ABS that make it a better material for this application.

• Wow
Reactions: Squeegee and CID
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
We got the plastic cover nailed down! Fit is perfect! Seemingly minuscule tweaks make the biggest differences. Getting the fit perfect is what I’m into.

Printing will resume at full tilt. That’s 1-2 per day!!😬

Picking up the first big batch of risers tomorrow. Shipping will begin later this week.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Shipping pre-orders beginning today. Website still shows pre-orders because until Friday I'm low on bolts and plastic cap manufacturing is just a slow process. Once I have more bolts, the driver side kit will be open to orders. Once we get a few plastic caps in inventory then passenger side will be open to orders also.

New pics taken yesterday.
IMG 9872

IMG 9876

B

Boundertom

Dec 12, 2020
AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I got my risers installed also. I haven't been for a real ride yet, because it is freaking hot! I think I am going to like them a lot. Wife and I are both short folks, and the view over the front is much better. As a side benefit, the joint in the SATV windshield is less in my direct line of sight.

Quality of the pieces is excellent, and installation is pretty straightforward. I did have one small issue with one of the covers for the passenger side. The little right angle part of the the tab that goes into the hole snapped off. If you are installing these, this will make some sense. I was being carefull, but it broke. It still seems secure and I don't think it is going to be a problem, so I didn't even mention it to Brian. Until now I guess.

Anyway, I definitely recommend these risers. Sure, I could have fabbed something up, but even a retired guys time is worth something!

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Good to hear…except for the broken plastic piece. Thinking I should add to instructions to be very careful installing these. They must be vertical to seat the tab all the way down into the little slot then gently roll them horizontally. If the front tab is in the slot correctly the piece should almost fall into place horizontally. Do not force the cover down. I broke MANY of these while we were getting the dimensions right! Frustrating to break something in 10 seconds that took 10 hours to make.

I know I have one extra due to me breaking one of a pair so I can send that one to you as a replacement.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!