Talon 1.5" seat risers

B

Boundertom

Dec 12, 2020
AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Don't worry about sending a replacement, Brian. I just don't think it is going to be a problem. I appreciate the offer!

Reactions: Squeegee
B

boomer_rich

Sep 13, 2020
FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I got my risers installed also. I haven't been for a real ride yet, because it is freaking hot! I think I am going to like them a lot. Wife and I are both short folks, and the view over the front is much better. As a side benefit, the joint in the SATV windshield is less in my direct line of sight.

Quality of the pieces is excellent, and installation is pretty straightforward. I did have one small issue with one of the covers for the passenger side. The little right angle part of the the tab that goes into the hole snapped off. If you are installing these, this will make some sense. I was being carefull, but it broke. It still seems secure and I don't think it is going to be a problem, so I didn't even mention it to Brian. Until now I guess.

Anyway, I definitely recommend these risers. Sure, I could have fabbed something up, but even a retired guys time is worth something!

I did the same exact thing with one of my plastic guards. I thought the same thing as it seemed to be secured enough to not be an issue. I just got back from a week long, 400 mile Hatfield-McCoy trip and it seems to have held up fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
This was a game changer for my wife. From the first time she sat in the Talon she did not like the view over the hood. Now she can actually see what she needs to see and likes driving more.
Love my driver side seat risers. I never should have told my wife. Now she want's some for the passenger seat. She also likes driving more now.:(

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Got my first seat riser return coming from a customer that says:
  • the bolts aren't long enough (which is bull)
  • and the brackets aren't welded and could collapse.
Unless someone's ass weighs more than the 1.8 tons (3600 pounds) of bending force it takes to make these, I don't think this is even remotely a problem. The brackets are designed to be held in compression once the bolts are tightened, meaning they press onto themselves for strength.

This same person asked for an intake kit discount for an X4 build project in exchange for an install video, which I accepted and he did make a good video. Later he purchased the seat riser kit and asked for a discount after the purchase through ebay. I told him there was nothing I could do after the purchase through ebay. So now I think he just wants to return the seat riser kit because he didn't get a discount, not because it doesn't fit. Of the roughly 150 other buyers to date, no one has mentioned anything about the bolts being short.

My seat risers should be much stronger than the extruded jeep seat risers sold on ebay because my load bearing surface is MUCH larger than those extruded cross section pieces. I also don't know of anyone else making a riser solution that works on the passenger seat.

I was initially skeptical about the video since the guys youtube channel has nothing but diesel and harley stuff. But I gave the benefit of the the doubt. The video is decent, but I'm not giving away parts all day for someone's build project even in exchange for an install video.

I had a similar situation with an etsy customer who ordered a Pioneer 1000 shifter plate then returned because it didn't fit. Come to find out, after I got pictures from them, they apparently didn't realize it goes UNDER the dash, not on top. But how can you even trust pictures? Then a few months later, the same person ordered a Talon shifter plate then says it doesn't fit, which is TOTAL BULL, because they do fit. After several returns on etsy like this, I removed my listings. I've had very few problems with ebay buyers but if this escalates, I'll cease on that outlet also. I've had zero problems with customers shopping directly through my website store. Everyone is just trilled to get a response when they ask a question by email, text or call!!

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Unless someone's ass weighs more than the 1.8 tons (3600 pounds) of bending force it takes to make these, I don't think this is even remotely a problem. The brackets are designed to be held in compression once the bolts are tightened, meaning they press onto themselves for strength.

This same person asked for an intake kit discount for an X4 build project in exchange for an install video, which I accepted and he did make a good video. Later he purchased the seat riser kit and asked for a discount after the purchase through ebay. I told him there was nothing I could do after the purchase through ebay. So now I think he just wants to return the seat riser kit because he didn't get a discount, not because it doesn't fit. Of the roughly 150 other buyers to date, no one has mentioned anything about the bolts being short.

My seat risers should be much stronger than the extruded jeep seat risers sold on ebay because my load bearing surface is MUCH larger than those extruded cross section pieces. I also don't know of anyone else making a riser solution that works on the passenger seat.

I was initially skeptical about the video since the guys youtube channel has nothing but diesel and harley stuff. But I gave the benefit of the the doubt. The video is decent, but I'm not giving away parts all day for someone's build project even in exchange for an install video.

I had a similar situation with an etsy customer who ordered a Pioneer 1000 shifter plate then returned because it didn't fit. Come to find out, after I got pictures from them, they apparently didn't realize it goes UNDER the dash, not on top. But how can you even trust pictures? Then a few months later, the same person ordered a Talon shifter plate then says it doesn't fit, which is TOTAL BULL, because they do fit. After several returns on etsy like this, I removed my listings. I've had very few problems with ebay buyers but if this escalates, I'll cease on that outlet also. I've had zero problems with customers shopping directly through my website store. Everyone is just trilled to get a response when they ask a question by email, text or call!!
You'll always have some idiots to deal with in business, just the way it is. Best thing is just refund them once item is returned, otherwise they will make it their life's mission to ruin your reputation.

By the way, love my seat risers. Puts my legs at a much more comfortable angle and gives a little better view of trail. I have the amazon ones on my driver and yours on passenger. Either I didn't know about yours for the driver or you weren't making them yet.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
You'll always have some idiots to deal with in business, just the way it is. Best thing is just refund them once item is returned, otherwise they will make it their life's mission to ruin your reputation.

By the way, love my seat risers. Puts my legs at a much more comfortable angle and gives a little better view of trail. I have the amazon ones on my driver and yours on passenger. Either I didn't know about yours for the driver or you weren't making them yet.
You probably got the driver side first. My same risers work for both seats, only the bolting is different on the funky passenger seat.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

No issues with mine, might be only thing that’s not messed up lol. Glad I got those from you it’s a big difference! I still need to get a couple of your covers from ya.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Shows out of stock on the complete set. Any idea when they will be in stock? Need a set with covers.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
That's because I only have one set of 4 for one seat. More sets are being cut and bent soon at the shop and we are printing more covers. I should have more of everything after thanksgiving.

I can tell people were posting about seat risers on Facebook I guess, because last week I got hammered with orders!

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
That's because I only have one set of 4 for one seat. More sets are being cut and bent soon at the shop and we are printing more covers. I should have more of everything after thanksgiving.

I can tell people were posting about seat risers on Facebook I guess, because last week I got hammered with orders!
Well that's good news!!!!
When Ya get an extra set available just send me a text and I'll get Ya payed. I can wait if you have a big run on the next batch.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Seat risers are currently out of stock but will be picking up a stocking order tomorrow 11-29-22 with shipping to follow. We have a few sets of passenger seat bolt covers 3d printed and ready to go also.

Reactions: Smitty335
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well that's good news!!!!
When Ya get an extra set available just send me a text and I'll get Ya payed. I can wait if you have a big run on the next batch.
Ya you need to get a set especially as tall as you are!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!