Talon handbrake

B

Brazula4life

Jan 19, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon R
Anyone tried putting a handbrake on a talon? i know there is a company out there that makes them for x3 and polaris.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Try a @Hillbilly Brake
They work nicely.

Yes they do.

Here's a tip for easier installation of the Hillbilly Brake. The brake fixture attaches to the brake pedal mounting bracket using two bolts, fender washers and serrated face nuts. It's a bit fiddly to get the fender washer and nut up in there and in position on the end of the bolt. Gluing the fender washers to the nuts beforehand, using a couple of small spots of super glue, really simplifies things as you can push the "assembly" up into the bracket with one fingertip and both will be perfectly aligned for bolt insertion.

After installation, if more parking brake force is needed when parking on an incline, you can easily adjust it. The threaded brake actuator rod attaches to the brake pedal with a shackle. Loosen the locknut on the front face of the shackle, then you can turn the threaded rod by hand to extend it from the shackle a couple of turns. Tighten locknut and test. It may be convenient to put a felt tip mark on the threaded shaft so you can count the turns.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Haven't seen one.
But I wonder if you could tie something like this into the brake lines.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Not looking for parking brake. Something like the indecent motorsport handbrake for drifting. I do rallycross and that can be very useful.
Well sh!t, should have said that in the first place 🤣

Id say call the co u mentioned above and see if they'll make u one!

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Not looking for parking brake. Something like the indecent motorsport handbrake for drifting. I do rallycross and that can be very useful.
In order for that to work in 4wd I think you would have to rig up a micro switch on the handbrake that cut power to the front diff clutch so it disengaged while the brake was active, otherwise you would still have braking at all 4 wheels because of the driveshaft connecting them together.

I bet locking up the rear wheels would also cause the I4wd to freak out and make it do ABS stuff when you don't want it to.

I have thought about connecting a relay between the brake pedal switch and the front diff clutch that cuts power to it when I get on the brakes and would re-engage the front diff when the pedal is released. I'm thinking it would help with turn in, but haven't tried it yet.

D

DAJO

Mar 31, 2019
Indiana, Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
The reason some are putting hand brakes on RZR's is because in Michigan for example a parking/hand brake is required to be street legal. Devices that hold the pedal down are not accepted.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!