Talon tailgate ?

Fordman

Fordman

Lifetime Member
Aug 8, 2013
Fayette Al
Ownership

1. 500
hello all , sold my P500 & am close to buying a Talon X , the lack of a tailgate is frustrating, I have saw a couple options but would like more, any thoughts ? Thanks

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
One of the few things I'd change about the Talon is to make the *bed* a bit more serious in a cargo carrying role - including a tailgate or at least cargo net. I've seen a couple of aftermarket extensions and tailgates, but nothing that really properly remedies the situation in my opinion. I'm sure there will be more options coming from some entrepreneur.

Steve

Fordman

Fordman

Lifetime Member
Aug 8, 2013
Fayette Al
Ownership

1. 500
I agree ! I I drove the Talon and now just seems I think I have to have one Lol really expensive though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W

Wigglysqiggly

May 8, 2019
Phoenix
Ownership

1. Talon X
I just added a net and seems to work fine

2F13E110 44CE 4B61 9149 A4F8ECD7062E

RockR

RockR

Hammer Down Trail Hound
Lifetime Member
Apr 15, 2019
SE Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Saw this on HMF exhaust ad. Anyone recognize the logo or seen it for sale somewhere? I can't blow it up enough to clearly see name on it.
HMF ad Talon tailgate

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Saw this on HMF exhaust ad. Anyone recognize the logo or seen it for sale somewhere? I can't blow it up enough to clearly see name on it.View attachment 130831

I believe that's a prototype of a bumper and cargo gate/spare holder that's in the works at HMF. Certainly doesn't show up on their website though (yet).

Steve

Reactions: BWAF
RockR

RockR

Hammer Down Trail Hound
Lifetime Member
Apr 15, 2019
SE Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Try JEI products in Indiana- They have one on Ebay they are selling now. View attachment 130861
I've seen the bed extender types for the Talon. Don't really feel like I would need it. Just want something to enclose "trunk" area. Saw another one that was solid plate and that seemed like too much for our terrain in Texas (lots of mud and water).
Love the extender on my Pioneer though. Nice to be able to keep cooler when passengers are in the back seats.

J

JimmyTalon

Apr 13, 2019
SE Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon R
RockR, can you draw what you want? Maybe that would get the ball rolling.

Reactions: BWAF
stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X

Nice! My only concern about the JEI unit is how much width it steals from the outer portion of the existing bed. Can you do me a favor and post a measurement between the tubes of the extension? In other words, how wide is the cargo-carrying capacity between the left side and right side extension tubes? From photos, I'm going to guess that it's somewhere in the 26" range.

Steve

Fordman

Fordman

Lifetime Member
Aug 8, 2013
Fayette Al
Ownership

1. 500
I will when I get home this afternoon, The only problem I can see is between the mounting plates you lose a few inches on each side

Reactions: stellarpod
W

Wigglysqiggly

May 8, 2019
Phoenix
Ownership

1. Talon X
Is it sturdy enough to hold a spare tire on the back?

Fordman

Fordman

Lifetime Member
Aug 8, 2013
Fayette Al
Ownership

1. 500
I would think so they advertise roto pax for it

Reactions: Grumpygramps
Fordman

Fordman

Lifetime Member
Aug 8, 2013
Fayette Al
Ownership

1. 500
Nice! My only concern about the JEI unit is how much width it steals from the outer portion of the existing bed. Can you do me a favor and post a measurement between the tubes of the extension? In other words, how wide is the cargo-carrying capacity between the left side and right side extension tubes? From photos, I'm going to guess that it's somewhere in the 26" range.

Steve
Hey man it's about 30 1/2 in between the mounting plates

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!