P1000 Tax breaks on purchasing new?

MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
This topic is specifically for Indiana buyers but anyone is welcome to post the answer for your state.
Has anyone here from Indiana avoided paying state sales tax because of farm/livestock use? What exactly are the criteria? I downloaded the pdf from the state but always like to know how someone else went about it. When i purchase mine, it will be used for hauling feed and transporting supplies for livestock. Is that all that is needed?

500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
This topic is specifically for Indiana buyers but anyone is welcome to post the answer for your state.
Has anyone here from Indiana avoided paying state sales tax because of farm/livestock use? What exactly are the criteria? I downloaded the pdf from the state but always like to know how someone else went about it. When i purchase mine, it will be used for hauling feed and transporting supplies for livestock. Is that all that is needed?
In pa the majority of your income must come from your farm. The state is not good at doing a lot of things but I know a few people busted for fudging at the dealer. Legally it can't leave your farm but if you don't act like a jackass the cops don't care. Just don't ride on public ground.

PCB67SS

PCB67SS

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2015
Panama City Beach
DOR: Sales Tax
under AGQ-100
45 IAC 2.2-5-6 (d) sales of agricultural machinery
(1) Exempt purchases: (1) Feeds-Sales of agricultural machinery, tools, and equipment used by the purchaser directly in feeding exempt animals,
poultry, etc., are exempt from tax. This exemption does not extend to machinery, equipment, and tools used for the handling, movement, transportation,
or storage of feed prior to the actual feeding process. (This exemption applies to automated feeding equipment…not equipment used to transport feed
to pasture. – IDOR note)

MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
DOR: Sales Tax
under AGQ-100
45 IAC 2.2-5-6 (d) sales of agricultural machinery
(1) Exempt purchases: (1) Feeds-Sales of agricultural machinery, tools, and equipment used by the purchaser directly in feeding exempt animals,
poultry, etc., are exempt from tax. This exemption does not extend to machinery, equipment, and tools used for the handling, movement, transportation,
or storage of feed prior to the actual feeding process. (This exemption applies to automated feeding equipment…not equipment used to transport feed
to pasture. – IDOR note)
Thanks but i am referring specifically to
IN.gov (.gov) › reference › files › sib09
New tax law that comes into effect January 1,2016

S

SXS81

Nov 16, 2015
I am from Illinois and I have always just had to sign a waiver at place of purchase saying I was farm exempt. I have bought 4 wheelers and side by sides in 3 different states and thats all I have ever had to do.

MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
Thanks. I know i can just give the money to my father and have him purchase it if it comes to that. I think we would qualify as soon as we start raising meat rabbits.

blackdog2086

blackdog2086

Jul 31, 2015
From Michigan. Same as SXS81. Just sign a waiver at the dealer and purchase is tax exempt. If the IRS comes looking, the dealer is off the hook with the waiver. Here, you just have to be registered as a farm (and prove it) and it's all good.

tundraman

tundraman

Oct 26, 2015
In KY where I have my horse farm, you need a farm tag issued by the department of agriculture for your farm to be tax exempt.

MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
I just wanted to thank everyone for taking the time to reply to my thread....keep them coming. If nothing else, I am going to learn a lot.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!