Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That’s really the main reason we keep you around.

What about Coors....has it let you down?
Absolutely. But much less then the heavy stuff. You ain’t never seen me on hard-a, and I’m glad for that. I’m fighting or f***ing always nothing else. Coors was the smart move because I drink same volume no matter what.

Reactions: joeymt33
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It’s let me down a few times and so has Jack.

Oh yeah, since I’m here in this thread.....

View attachment 146153
I actually like Ford just not the running gear. (Before people get butt hurt I’m talking the ones I can afford) Conversion is cheap though and I would consider. Same with Chev. But I do like being an underdog so still looking for an old 4-door Dodge. Plus that’s what my father raised me on. Doesn’t matter what you buy after a conversion.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
I actually like Ford just not the running gear. (Before people get butt hurt I’m talking the ones I can afford) Conversion is cheap though and I would consider. Same with Chev. But I do like being an underdog so still looking for an old 4-door Dodge. Plus that’s what my father raised me on. Doesn’t matter what you buy after a conversion.
Conversation to an eccoboost? They sale these as crate motors?

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Man, that square body Chevy your looking at would be awesome with an eccoboost and auto 10 speed electronically controlled transmission ;)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Conversation to an eccoboost? They sale these as crate motors?
Way to keep it going ass hole! Yep for triple what a 12v costs and half the mileage, power and quarter the longevity and resale down the road it’d be fine for conversion. To each thier own, we all need different things but gas isn’t one for me. Except the toys, I do like those to have plugs!

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Way to keep it going ass hole! Yep for triple what a 12v costs and half the mileage, power and quarter the longevity and resale down the road it’d be fine for conversion. To each thier own, we all need different things but gas isn’t one for me. Except the toys, I do like those to have plugs!
Lmao, you know I love you Legend ;)

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
LOL

I had to look.... and yes they sell motors and striker kits. Over 1000HP. They are good for at least two or three passes or one month of street driving.

"Stock" EB and reman EB are bout the same as a reman 12v too, if you're doing a swap into an old crew the 12v makes sense a LOT fewer wires and no computer. If you're doing a swap into a kit car the EB for weight. If you're replacing well the cost of a swap would be ridiculous.

I've been looking for a good old truck, missed a few deals already , dealt with a few drama seller who post low bid high BS. Looking for a 12v, some newer model 350 axels, and a transmission to go along with it. With a LOT of sweat equity from me I think I could get the build down to about 20-25 or if I paid someone about 45-50. Which for a truck I that would last 20years+ and could drive to visit the PNWL pulling a loaded 24'-28' trailer would be about the same cost as that new 7.3 gasser which really fits my "NEEDS" better than a diesel.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
"Stock" EB and reman EB are bout the same as a reman 12v too, if you're doing a swap into an old crew the 12v makes sense a LOT fewer wires and no computer. If you're doing a swap into a kit car the EB for weight. If you're replacing well the cost of a swap would be ridiculous.

I've been looking for a good old truck, missed a few deals already , dealt with a few drama seller who post low bid high BS. Looking for a 12v, some newer model 350 axels, and a transmission to go along with it. With a LOT of sweat equity from me I think I could get the build down to about 20-25 or if I paid someone about 45-50. Which for a truck I that would last 20years+ and could drive to visit the PNWL pulling a loaded 24'-28' trailer would be about the same cost as that new 7.3 gasser which really fits my "NEEDS" better than a diesel.
I drive by an extended cab 92-93ish dodge dually daily. I believe it is gas, and appears in decent shape driving by. If you want me to stop and inquire, let me know.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

I’ve seen a few nice Fords with conversion done for 12-15. Might have to do minor stuff but pretty solid truck at that number. Ford is more common already swapped.
The 4 door dually Chev I was looking at would cost 1000 if I didn’t trade for paint work. Engine 2500,trans/transfer 2500. I figured on 10k done, would’ve not taken me over a weekend to be drivable. Another couple for the ins and outs. No need for reman, throw head gasket, water pump and kdp in if concerned and be done. Be a damn nice truck and worth a lot because of being Chev with doors and duals probably 20-5 fairly easy. But it would be ultra dependable and good mileage at that point.
Swapping a 12v is the easiest possible and cheap. If you could find a clean 3/4-1ton gasser or blown up diesel you could have a very solid truck that would last. They make much better replacement bushings then came stock so that cleans that part up. Building your own truck you could get exactly what you needed without the expense involved with newer emissions and bulls***. Still looking for my forever truck.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve seen a few nice Fords with conversion done for 12-15. Might have to do minor stuff but pretty solid truck at that number. Ford is more common already swapped.
The 4 door dually Chev I was looking at would cost 1000 if I didn’t trade for paint work. Engine 2500,trans/transfer 2500. I figured on 10k done, would’ve not taken me over a weekend to be drivable. Another couple for the ins and outs. No need for reman, throw head gasket, water pump and kdp in if concerned and be done. Be a damn nice truck and worth a lot because of being Chev with doors and duals probably 20-5 fairly easy. But it would be ultra dependable and good mileage at that point.
Swapping a 12v is the easiest possible and cheap. If you could find a clean 3/4-1ton gasser or blown up diesel you could have a very solid truck that would last. They make much better replacement bushings then came stock so that cleans that part up. Building your own truck you could get exactly what you needed without the expense involved with newer emissions and bulls***. Still looking for my forever truck.

If I’m putting time/money into it. It’ll be complete rebuild. Not a show truck but a complete rebuild. $25-50 depending on who does it and what’s done. Thing is I can get a new/newer truck for that and as many miles as I plan on putting on it, should be dependable for 10-15 years with good maintenance and treating it right mine don’t sleep outside in the elements.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
On the local news they claimed Nissan was laying off 12,500 people globally but none locally at the Canton,Ms. plant.
I don't live too far from one of their testing grounds in Stanfield, AZ. Used to be fords, I believe.
I haven't looked at what they are selling at the moment, but a few days ago, I met what looked to be a Fiat 500 coming down the highway, but as it got closer, it was a Nissan of some sort.
I've never cared much for Nissan. I joke that Nissan really makes brackets, and the cars they sell are just something to bolt those brackets to.

Reactions: Mopower58
Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Nice looking matching pair.
IMG 2008

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!