Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Might be nice to have something you don’t have to f*** with or work on. Something reliable, comfortable, that you can drive anywhere. Just sayin
Not for a f***ing 1000 a month it ain’t worth it to me. f*** that. First gen can be plenty dependable. Could have awesome property out here with a dock, a nice boat, a Talon 2 door and a Talon 4 door for that. I’ll never buy a new truck it’s just not needed nor is it for me. Ang don’t need new stuff either, we’d rather spend what money we have on a good time. Weekend 14 in a row right now, wouldn’t be that with a new truck. I’d rather be camping then looking at my new truck. I just don’t need ac seats parking assist 15 speed auto or a big computer screen. No one can ever talk me into needing that s***. Now a 4 door truck I’d like. Working on it.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Not for a f***ing 1000 a month it ain’t worth it to me. f*** that. First gen can be plenty dependable. Could have awesome property out here with a dock, a nice boat, a Talon 2 door and a Talon 4 door for that. I’ll never buy a new truck it’s just not needed nor is it for me. Ang don’t need new stuff either, we’d rather spend what money we have on a good time. Weekend 14 in a row right now, wouldn’t be that with a new truck. I’d rather be camping then looking at my new truck. I just don’t need ac seats parking assist 15 speed auto or a big computer screen. No one can ever talk me into needing that s***. Now a 4 door truck I’d like. Working on it.

I didn’t say it had to be all that goober :rolleyes:,your taking it to the extreme. I didn’t even say it had to be a brand new one, I said reliable, comfortable, one that you can purchase, jump in and drive day 1 across the country without having to work on it. One that everything works on it without having to repair/replace/or f*** with in any way.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I didn’t say it had to be all that goober :rolleyes:,your taking it to the extreme. I didn’t even say it had to be a brand new one, I said reliable, comfortable, one that you can purchase, jump in and drive day 1 across the country without having to work on it. One that everything works on it without having to repair/replace/or f*** with in any way.
Ya but you have the mentality that newer is better and more dependable. First gen or second gen with a 12v is much more dependable then same mileage newer truck. You’d have to buy new to be as dependable down the road. That’s what I’m saying is I’m not willing to make that payment and hopes on warranty. We don’t have good luck with warranty. It would be a 12k bill to me. My 3500$ truck is just fine, I’m good brother!

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Ya but you have the mentality that newer is better and more dependable. First gen or second gen with a 12v is much more dependable then same mileage newer truck. You’d have to buy new to be as dependable down the road. That’s what I’m saying is I’m not willing to make that payment and hopes on warranty. We don’t have good luck with warranty. It would be a 12k bill to me. My 3500$ truck is just fine, I’m good brother!
Hey, I’ve driven the $3500 dollar truck and like it, and it’s fine to drive the 60 miles to Marie’s. However, your not driving that one comfortably or worry free on longer trips without having to work on it , and invest not only money but time. The time investment in these projects is what I’m talking about. There’s nothing wrong with having projects, but wouldn’t you like something that’s not a project?

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey.. get that f***ing logical talk outta here! Ain’t nobody got time for that!
Yeah don't do something that makes sense! Who doesn't want to fix stuff so they can drive 800 miles and see their family. Not near as much fun if you don't raise the blood pressure with every knock or shimmy.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's not miles, its age. I'd rather a 3yr old truck with 300 000 than a 20 yr old with 200,000. You cant tell me the bearings seals ect aren't better on the newer stuff. They have to be or couldn't take 18-30,000 pound tow rating. And 15,000 mile oil change recommendations.

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hey, I’ve driven the $3500 dollar truck and like it, and it’s fine to drive the 60 miles to Marie’s. However, your not driving that one comfortably or worry free on longer trips without having to work on it , and invest not only money but time. The time investment in these projects is what I’m talking about. There’s nothing wrong with having projects, but wouldn’t you like something that’s not a project?
Didn’t you just have to pay a bunch of money to keep def system within gov standards to get your truck back out of the dealer? I’ve only added fuel to mine. Make no mistake newer is more expensive. I’m not scared to work on my truck occasionally. I can do it. Don’t need the dealer to. Any part needed can be bought at any parts store cheap and I can do it with minimal tool. Guys with a 70k truck are at other people’s mercy and bill. Again I haven’t done ANYTHING to my truck. And it appreciates, I won’t loose money. Three or four months of the average persons payments and I own my truck, leaves a lot of room to fix things occasionally and still have some fun with a couple Sxs’s every weekend. Can’t talk me into that kinda payment. Someone only makes so much money, we all spend it in different ways. I’d rather the lifestyle we have then stuck at home with a nice truck. If I were rich maybe things would be different.

Last edited:
Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Didn’t you just have to pay a bunch of money to keep def system within gov standards to get your truck back out of the dealer? I’ve only added fuel to mine. Make no mistake newer is more expensive. I’m not scared to work on my truck occasionally. I can do it. Don’t need the dealer to. Any part needed can be bought at any parts store cheap and I can do it with minimal tool. Guys with a 70k truck are at other people’s mercy and bill. Again I haven’t done ANYTHING to my truck. And it appreciates, I won’t loose money. Again I’m good!
The repair for the emission system was covered under warranty. Other than that I’ve had no issues with it. Also, again your missing my point in the conversation. I’m talking about time investment, not having to work on something or everything all the time. The point was, wouldn’t it be nice not to have to. Not questioning your skill level.

Also, let’s be honest, your not going to do “ANYTHING “as you phrased it to that truck before you go to Colorado in it?

Also mine didn’t cost 70k. I purchased it new in 2017, it’s a 2016 model and out the door with extended warranty was right at 48k. Had I not started towing RVs, that would have been 6 years of warranty coverage.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Didn’t you just have to pay a bunch of money to keep def system within gov standards to get your truck back out of the dealer? I’ve only added fuel to mine. Make no mistake newer is more expensive. I’m not scared to work on my truck occasionally. I can do it. Don’t need the dealer to. Any part needed can be bought at any parts store cheap and I can do it with minimal tool. Guys with a 70k truck are at other people’s mercy and bill. Again I haven’t done ANYTHING to my truck. And it appreciates, I won’t loose money. Three or four months of the average persons payments and I own my truck, leaves a lot of room to fix things occasionally and still have some fun with a couple Sxs’s every weekend. Can’t talk me into that kinda payment. Someone only makes so much money, we all spend it in different ways. I’d rather the lifestyle we have then stuck at home with a nice truck. If I were rich maybe things would be different.
You are rich. Your the pnwl.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The mentality of the masses is funny to me.

Reactions: Mudwing
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!