P1000 The Making Of Pete

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How bright are these? Would it be enough by itself for an interior light?
sorry, I just saw this... it really depends on how much light you're looking for... I don't think I would have been happy with just the rampage lights... they are more of a spot style, so they make good map lights for mounting up front, but don't really cast a flood style light. I installed that really thin running light as the dome light and very happy with it.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
throttle max arrived, but still haven't found time to install it! has anyone else installed the p1k-specific throttle max?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been on the fence about one of these. I'm gonna wait to hear how you like it. That touchy throttle pedal gets on my nerves in bigger rocks. Hoping this will cut down on that. Looking forward to your review.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been on the fence about one of these. I'm gonna wait to hear how you like it. That touchy throttle pedal gets on my nerves in bigger rocks. Hoping this will cut down on that. Looking forward to your review.
I think that's what I needed Delton... a little motivation to get my arse out there and install out! thanks for your help buddy! I'll get it installed after work today and try to get some throttle time tonight up at AMA.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I installed mine, took 30 seconds, but haven't had a chance to test it out yet.
got mine installed today, and tested around the yard and on the road... it's gonna take a little getting used to I think... but overall I think it will be better.

Reactions: amc019
advertisement
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Also made a 2ft extension for my tailgate. It lays up in the bed when not in use.This should allow me to sleep in the back of the P1k on the RRB to Windrock trip. It will also give me a trail table to prepare and cook food.
View attachment 22956
View attachment 22957
View attachment 22958

I love it! Can I steal that idea?

SIGNATURE:

Quote by DrFubar: joeymt33, this could be your next signature: "I should be more understanding. I should know by now that a little hill to me probably is a big hill to you.;)"

Reactions: sharp
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I love it! Can I steal that idea?

SIGNATURE:

Quote by DrFubar: joeymt33, this could be your next signature: "I should be more understanding. I should know by now that a little hill to me probably is a big hill to you.;)"
you know it man! I wanted to be able to sleep in the bed, but its only 4ft including tailgate.
I was standing there measuring, then looked over and saw the plywood scrap... didn't take long after that!lol Cut it to shape, found those old metal straps, drilled a couple holes, added the bolts, and viola!lol
It won't support a grown up sitting on it (my kids sat on it with no issues), but it gives me that other 2ft that I need for my feet to rest on for sleeping, and a surface to spread things out on for dinner time.
I'm pretty excited about it.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
you know it man! I wanted to be able to sleep in the bed, but its only 4ft including tailgate.
I was standing there measuring, then looked over and saw the plywood scrap... didn't take long after that!lol Cut it to shape, found those old metal straps, drilled a couple holes, added the bolts, and viola!lol
It won't support a grown up sitting on it (my kids sat on it with no issues), but it gives me that other 2ft that I need for my feet to rest on for sleeping, and a surface to spread things out on for dinner time.
I'm pretty excited about it.

I'll be doing that immediately!

SIGNATURE:

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reactions: PioneerPete
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy