The OG Build - 2019 Talon R with 35,106 miles.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I picked this beauty up off a guy I know in Tennessee. He bought it new and has put all the miles on it. Most have been road miles but he did trial ride too. It is a 2019 Honda Talon R with 35,106 miles, the ssv radio, windshield with powered wiper, turn signals, rear window, upper enclosure, 32 ITP, light bar, etc. I paid 10k for it. The only thing he has replaced is the rear 2 axels for clicking. Everything else is original. I plan to do the usual things to it right away. This is our 4th Talon. This one is for our 15yo (or anyone else that comes) to drive. Here is the start of my list:

-Factory UTV 1/2 skid (I like this skid for its full coverage up high on the front and rear)
-CA Tech rear radius rods
-CA Tech shift gate
-new prop shaft (I have one with welded caps already sitting in the shed as a spare)
-Simpson harnesses
-lower aarms (undecided on brand)
-beadlocks and 32 or bigger tires
-probably a winch
-Full Cage (undecided which brand but I need 3)
-front ball joints (undecided which brand)

There is a little tick that I can hear start to sound after it has warmed up a little. If it ends up being a problem then I will rebuild it.

20230419 171024
20230419 171044
20230419 171056
20230419 171117
20230419 171133
20230419 171203

Last edited:
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I picked this beauty up off a guy I know in Tennessee. He bought it new and has put all the miles on it. Most have been road miles but he did trial ride too. It is a 2019 Honda Talon R with 35,106 miles, the ssv radio, windshield with powered wiper, turn signals, rear window, upper enclosure, 32 ITP, light bar, etc. I paid 10k for it. The only thing he has replaced is the rear 2 axels for clicking. Everything else is original. I plan to do the usual things to it right away. This is our 4th Talon. This one is for our 15yo (or anyone else that comes) to drive. Here is the start of my list:

-Factory UTV 1/2 skid (I like this skid for its full coverage up high on the front and rear)
-new prop shaft (I have one with welded caps already sitting in the shed as a spare)
-Simpson harnesses
-probably a winch

There is a little tick that I can hear start to sound after it has warmed up a little. If it ends up being a problem then I will rebuild it.

View attachment 383917View attachment 383918View attachment 383919View attachment 383920View attachment 383921View attachment 383922
That's sweeeeeet!!!!!!........ can't hide money!!!!!!😂

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
KRASH Offroad for cage!!

2trakfab driveshaft
I have been considering Krash. We have a Krash cage in our other red R and a Krash cage on our YXZ. I have also considered WCFab, Filthy Freedom Fab, and Razor Sharp customs. I want 3 of the same cage and would like windshields on then.
2Traxfab definitely has a sweet driveshaft out!! I like it alot and have ridden with Erin before.....great dude.
Have you installed a SATV driveshaft yet?

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
How the hell do you put 35k on a talon with stock arms. This guys needs a trophy.
I have a friend that can help him turn all of them into high clearance arms pretty quick! He’s a pro at it

@Bcavin351 …..

161A727F FF41 451D A563 D4142315AA03

Oh, @Hometeam I’ll make you a pretty good deal on these. Unpictured are the other two blue ones he also “upgraded” that I’ll throw in for free!

H

HondaTech

I have been considering Krash. We have a Krash cage in our other red R and a Krash cage on our YXZ. I have also considered WCFab, Filthy Freedom Fab, and Razor Sharp customs. I want 3 of the same cage and would like windshields on then.
2Traxfab definitely has a sweet driveshaft out!! I like it alot and have ridden with Erin before.....great dude.
Have you installed a SATV driveshaft yet?
We've only done the 2trakfab shaft in our racecar. We don't use SuperAtv unless we have to or customer request it

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

-CA Tech shift gate
-Simpson harnesses
-probably a winch

View attachment 383917View attachment 383918View attachment 383919View attachment 383920View attachment 383921View attachment 383922
Holy cow! Them are some @hondabob miles!

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I think I might have found what was causing the ticking and running problem. We pulled the timing chain tensioner bolt and messed with the screw and the noises would stop while pressure was applied to the screw. It would purr and clean up right away. I have ordered a new tensioner and will see what it does.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!