P1000m5 The Rebuild And Life Of "clutch".

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Been awhile since posting here. Clutch had a short but good year and no problems to fix. Well except for this one. Last time out riding with @Tigermark after riding a pretty good rocky step hill (and Clutch towing the Wolverine up a section because of ground clearance) we had an issue about 3 miles later. Oil dumping from the machine.
She was towed to camp with the Yami which I must say isn’t a tow rig whatsoever. Hadn’t crawled under to even look till tonight and I’m happy to say I got lucky!!! Can see where the rock got into it and loosened the plug in process. Looks like a little grind and a 3$ plug.

A835C2D9 3327 4354 BD90 EA4A65D4274A

Not bad! 3$ worth of maintenance this year, boy that beats previous years by a lot (understatement of the year)
She’s going camping this weekend for Xmas, I can’t be happier!!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Been awhile since posting here. Clutch had a short but good year and no problems to fix. Well except for this one. Last time out riding with @Tigermark after riding a pretty good rocky step hill (and Clutch towing the Wolverine up a section because of ground clearance) we had an issue about 3 miles later. Oil dumping from the machine.
She was towed to camp with the Yami which I must say isn’t a tow rig whatsoever. Hadn’t crawled under to even look till tonight and I’m happy to say I got lucky!!! Can see where the rock got into it and loosened the plug in process. Looks like a little grind and a 3$ plug.

View attachment 242938

Not bad! 3$ worth of maintenance this year, boy that beats previous years by a lot (understatement of the year)
YEA for our side!

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member

View attachment 242938

Winner!

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Resurrected from the dead!!!!!!!

What a Christmas gift. The best thread on the internet gets new life.
Glad to hear that "Life is Good CP!!!!!"

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Resurrected from the dead!!!!!!!

What a Christmas gift. The best thread on the internet gets new life.
Glad to hear that "Life is Good CP!!!!!"
That it is. It was about due for an oil change, hell it’s still got original air filter.
Had more issues with the Pioneer then anyone early on many of the big ones weren’t my fault, some since that were, including this rig. Even after 12k in damage to this machine alone just on one hill (not its fault) it’s back up and still going strong after owning her going on three years now.
There were 5 Christmas’ in a row we showed up in a different machine, now both the Pioneer and the Wolverine have showed up 3 in a row. Won’t be seeing me switching brands or getting rid of her anytime soon 😃😃
Now to just get a solid year round tow rig To make it out snow or shine lol.

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That it is. It was about due for an oil change, hell it’s still got original air filter.
Had more issues with the Pioneer then anyone early on many of the big ones weren’t my fault, some since that were, including this rig. Even after 12k in damage to this machine alone just on one hill (not its fault) it’s back up and still going strong after just over three years.
There were 5 Christmas’ in a row we showed up in a different machine, now both the Pioneer and the Wolverine have showed up 3 in a row. Won’t be seeing me switching brands or getting rid of her anytime soon 😃😃
Now to just get a solid year round tow rig To make it out snow or shine lol.
You'll make it unless you let your fuel gel! HA!

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 242938

That’s awesome news

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

View attachment 242938

No skids?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thought he was smarter than that?
He is. It had the center on it at one time but got yarded off. Buying a third set of 1000$ skids for a Pioneer 1000 hasn’t exactly been my priority this year. Got another project that is important to the future of the family’s sport, it’s taken up a LOT of time and money this year considering I’m not adding another dollar on credit. No more debt, can only afford one big project at a time so gotta pick my battles. Both Sxs’s will be gone through again next year, just glad they made it through this one😉

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Not much to report in last little bit. But Clutch is still alive and kicking. Went over it with a list a week ago and needs much of the front end bushings and 3 axles to be mechanically sound again. Let’s not talk about the plastics or steel around the machine lol.
Needed a battery and now she’s got new kicks! Red wheels are retired after 3 machines and 6 years. Decided to run Talon stockies so have one wheel for both machines so she’s back down an inch on tire. People said they liked the feel however it needs 1” front spacers to be correct. I like the look. Don’t mind running other peoples reject wheels/tires, got this set for 300 and they were brand new. See new tires for 200$ so that’s what I’ll do for a but. Work just fine. Thanks @Tigermark for bringing them over.
Machine did awesome last weekend yet again, nothing else broken or missing from the trip and she went everywhere just fine. Still runs great!

CF68E7F0 6FB6 436F 90D4 6E8E6A6E2F12

She did seem to want to take more naps then normal

me
06ABF155 077D 4086 9132 C40BE77CD62C

and Tiger

38D51F54 E916 48F0 80F9 5544FCAA7818

but seemed to roar back to life as showed by Tiger

014D8F91 8D58 4328 BAC0 BFC5D4B394AF

E83F7389 4CD2 4692 B155 3E9258EA02E7

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!