rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Got the Rukinds on the headlights and did the half shield. Couldn't mount the little Boss's where I wanted to, they were too big and the clamps are sized for handlebars. Ended up tucking them under the dash, angled in a little on each side. They're up out of the way and it gives them a corner to bounce sound out of. Mounted the amp and pulled some wire but can't do much more until I get that grille.
Noticed that the little volume button kinda sucks for mounting anywhere, made to zip tie to handlebars, not mount in a dash...I'll come up with something.
View attachment 47844
Dab of hot Glue....
plastic weld...I swear by it

Reactions: trigger and Eltobgi
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Dab of hot Glue....
plastic weld...I swear by it
Do you have any videos where you use this technique!o_O I can think of a LOT of times I wished for a solution like that.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Do you have any videos where you use this technique!o_O I can think of a LOT of times I wished for a solution like that.
Basic...
hot Glue gun. ..
high temp..glue sticks..
I believe..410°
can here the plastic melt. .
swear by it..
late so..will get pics
& post. .in the morning

Reactions: Eltobgi
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I prefer silicone as my liquid duct tape, you can get it off if you really want to. It's like Franks Red Hot, I put that sh** on everything. :D
I use that......but can't paint silicone

Last edited:
Reactions: trigger
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
20170702 071904
20170702 071912
20170702 071927

about $30...high temp..glue sticks...work best

Reactions: Eltobgi
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Cool! I will have to stop and pick one up!

Reactions: rocmar
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Finally got the bigger grille for the sub, much better. Got the toolbox put back on the machine and started putting the electrical box back together. The new sub tucks tight under the lip inside the toolbox and prevents it from bouncing upward, couple of strategically placed L brackets and she'll be good to go. It's getting there. ;)

Small vent Large vent Inside box

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
All wired up and put back together, what a pita stereos can be sometimes.
Wired everything up and had engine noise through those little Boss speakers. Went through everything I had done already, seperating, loom and tying back above skids. Still had engine noise! Dug into a box of old stereo sh** and found a ground loop isolator for RCA's that I haven't used in 20 yrs, a coiled noise suppressor, it worked. But I essentially had to go through it all 3 times. Ugh, never easy.
Need to put brackets on the sub box to hold it in place, then tune everything. Played with it a little bit...it hits.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Wired everything up and had engine noise through those little Boss speakers. Went through everything I had done already, seperating, loom and tying back above skids. Still had engine noise! Dug into a box of old stereo sh** and found a ground loop isolator for RCA's that I haven't used in 20 yrs, a coiled noise suppressor, it worked. But I essentially had to go through it all 3 times. Ugh, never easy.
Need to put brackets on the sub box to hold it in place, then tune everything. Played with it a little bit...it hits.

Sweet man, will be jammin on the trails soon!

The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

Reactions: rocmar and trigger
advertisement
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Request. ..of a Sound Check
outside cutting weeds...
Ear to the Wind....
BadAss...
Excited to Hear....

Reactions: trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!