rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
You should hear the one in my truck! :eek:
I'm just not looking forward to gutting and rebuilding what I have going on inside the toolbox, gonna be a pita. It'll be worth it all said and done though. I'll post pics and there will definitely be a video or two when it's complete.
Keep on....Rockin.
in the Free World..
My Ears to the Wind..
....Turn it up.

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Started the tear down today, what a pita! I don't build sh** to be torn apart, in fact, I say all the time that 'if anyone has to tear this apart he's f*****'. Had screws coming up through the bottom to hold 1x's that held tube sub, was going to just cut them off and then said screw it and took the box off. If the measurements that are posted for the new sub are correct then it should fit perfect, almost like it was made for it. Here's where I'm at with it now.
Empty box Empty box with screws coming through. Had to unhook all my wiring. Ugh!
Tube sub The old tube sub. Might put it in the wife's Cruze...or just peddle it.
Box off Box off, plan to put another bushing in for wires, getting too many for the hole.
Box bottom Underside of bed. You can see the bushing bottom right. Also figured out that I had 5 bolts and 4 self tapping screws holding the bed on. It wasn't movin'!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Put the second bushing in today for the added wires. Ordered another grille for the front, an 8" x 10". The original was a 6" x 6", not big enough for a 10", gonna be pushing more air. With the box off I was able to fine tune the rubber heat/sound barrier a little better. Can't tear into it too much until I have the parts in hand. Was looking at a place to mount the two little front speakers. Right on top of the twist knob for the door latch there is a bolt, depending on the exact size, that's where I'm looking to mount them. Now I wait.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Took the half shield and got the old tint steamed off, doesn't leave sticky sh** behind that way. Rukind covers, perforated stuff for wind deflector and transfer grille have been shipped. Still no shipping confirmation on sub or speakers yet. Ordered a custom winch strap tonight. I hate waiting, gives me too much time to order more crap! :mad:

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
These showed up today. Boss speakers are due tomorrow and sub on Friday. I'd love to get this thing put back together for a July 4th ride. I'm betting the grille I ordered through HD is what's going to hold me up. Need the box off to cut the hole bigger and it took forever to receive the last one.
Rukind covers

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
These showed up today and what's funny is that the Amazon page said they were 300 watts. The Boss model number is MCBK400, when I looked on the back of the box at the specs it says 600 watts peak. The amp is as big as your fist and it has a 5 amp fuse. 600 watts...lol! I hope I won't be too disappointed with these things, I just wanted a little filler sound up front. I'm not used to buying junk audio components but didn't want to spend $200 on the Kicker's. I'm hoping for a solid 35-50 watts RMS a piece out of them. They look cool anyway.
We'll see. :rolleyes:
Speakers

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
These showed up today and what's funny is that the Amazon page said they were 300 watts. The Boss model number is MCBK400, when I looked on the back of the box at the specs it says 600 watts peak. The amp is as big as your fist and it has a 5 amp fuse. 600 watts...lol! I hope I won't be too disappointed with these things, I just wanted a little filler sound up front. I'm not used to buying junk audio components but didn't want to spend $200 on the Kicker's. I'm hoping for a solid 35-50 watts RMS a piece out of them. They look cool anyway.
View attachment 47699
....Ya never...go wrong with...kicker
...with kicker...disappointed is never
an option..
but there $$$$$$
Sounds great
good job

Reactions: trigger and Eltobgi
J

Jshell3

View attachment 47699
I've owned those.
P500 - $74 audio system - *** Update*** Follow up. Need to read before you buy.
They are very loud. Just 0 bass. But you already have that covered. Ha!

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@trigger Damn You Man, Can you not see what I have become? Oh woe is me, this great fastidious and furious depletion of fabulous funds has become forlorn. Oh foulness I say, simply foul. Oh How shall I ever afford a new beard comb?
So, I went out and got a $100 Bluetooth everything proof speaker...It's just tiny potatoes compared to the Utter Mountainside Vastness that is your Creation of Glorious Sound, but it is still quite Loud and has nice Bass for what it is. Another aspect is that I can use it in my camper too with my iTunes. Me thinks it'll be good enough in the P5 for now, considering the heat/noise barrier I made.
Pleasing your Grace, Therefore I beg of you, I beseech thee oh Lord of LargePotatoThunderbuckets, please release me from this tumultuous triggering of tinkering.....o_O
IMG 0579

WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning

My check koozie light, keeps coming on
Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2017
Magnolia Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This is what I put in my pioneer just Bluetooth songs from my phone. It does good with 2 pioneer 6" and 2 pioneer 6x9s91bd7e0833735d07532a67585862844f

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I've owned those.
P500 - $74 audio system - *** Update*** Follow up. Need to read before you buy.
They are very loud. Just 0 bass. But you already have that covered. Ha!

Perfect, that's exactly what I'm looking for then, loud highs! Thanks J. ;)

@trigger Damn You Man, Can you not see what I have become? Oh woe is me, this great fastidious and furious depletion of fabulous funds has become forlorn. Oh foulness I say, simply foul. Oh How shall I ever afford a new beard comb?
So, I went out and got a $100 Bluetooth everything proof speaker...It's just tiny potatoes compared to the Utter Mountainside Vastness that is your Creation of Glorious Sound, but it is still quite Loud and has nice Bass for what it is. Another aspect is that I can use it in my camper too with my iTunes. Me thinks it'll be good enough in the P5 for now, considering the heat/noise barrier I made.
Pleasing your Grace, Therefore I beg of you, I beseech thee oh Lord of LargePotatoThunderbuckets, please release me from this tumultuous triggering of tinkering.....o_O
View attachment 47738

You're killing me Gnome, LMAO! Hey, you've got some tunes and that's awesome. Decent bass, portable and weather proof, can't ask for more than that for a Benjamin.

Reactions: 100Acre and rocmar
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
This is what I put in my pioneer just Bluetooth songs from my phone. It does good with 2 pioneer 6" and 2 pioneer 6x9sView attachment 47752

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm running a similar setup in my little Cobalt. Two 6" in the doors, two 6 x 9's in the rear deck and a Kenwood amp that feeds a little 8" sub in a box. Sounds pretty good in that size of a vehicle.

Reactions: Eltobgi and rocmar
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Gotta small pile of crap to mess with for the weekend. That roll on the right is the windshield film, might put that on tonight. It's funny, the RF sub is rated at 300 watts and has two 10 amp fuses. Boss is 600 watts and one 5 amp fuse...hmmmm. o_O
Stuff

Reactions: Eltobgi and Jshell3
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can't seem to figure out how to get my new speaker thing to bluetooth with my iPhone....dilemmas....

RyanOrange3

RyanOrange3

Oct 13, 2016
MN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I was looking at getting the large version of this. How's this one been riding or for you?

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

RyanOrange3

RyanOrange3

Oct 13, 2016
MN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I was looking at getting the large version of this. How's this one been riding or for you?

@100Acre

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
That's why I don't do the bluetooth thing. Wireless is cool but hardwired is always better.

Agree....MP3
HARD WIRE...
works in...truck...& P5...Flawless
...sold camper...
NOT A BLUE TOOTH FAN
every xmas..get $50
iTunes card....add more tunes

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Got the Rukinds on the headlights and did the half shield. Couldn't mount the little Boss's where I wanted to, they were too big and the clamps are sized for handlebars. Ended up tucking them under the dash, angled in a little on each side. They're up out of the way and it gives them a corner to bounce sound out of. Mounted the amp and pulled some wire but can't do much more until I get that grille.
Noticed that the little volume button kinda sucks for mounting anywhere, made to zip tie to handlebars, not mount in a dash...I'll come up with something.
Mounted speaker

Reactions: Eltobgi and rocmar

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!