ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Want to buy a 07 Chevy with 200 plus on the odometer? Make ya a good deal!;)

Been waiting to use this one...
1373FC70 6D6C 4173 981B 3438E3317B19

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
If you got one to last that long then you better keep it! It must be a good truck.
The 99 model I traded in on the 07 also had over 200k on it. Had no issues with it either. The 99 had the 4.3 V6 the 07 has a 4.8 V8. I was always a Chevy guy always prior to the govmit bailout. Then quality went down and price went up. That’s when I purchased a Ram 1500. Now have the 2500. Kids drive the old Chevy.

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
If you got one to last that long then you better keep it! It must be a good truck.
i keep everyone ive had 2-300k, i work them 20-30k per year for about 20 years, going out of state some times pulling trailers or whatever, the fords have left me stranded a ton, huge deal waiting for a tow for hours when you have a trailer, and you arent getting any work done, dodge is just to expensive and everything is dealer only, for example the bcm/fuse they put behind the headlights on every pickup from 2000 to current, so it goes every couple years out in the snow is about a thousand bucks and so is the cam and lifter job because you have to take apart the whole truck to do anything on the hemi. they both fall apart and leave you stranded which has never happened on my chevies. they have little issues(like headlights and rust if you dont get it under coated like i always do now) but the other two have serious ones like engine parts and crap, the 4wd dont work on dodge you cant move the lever when its cold, the chevy buttons always work fine

my avalanche currently has about 200k and is just as reliable and efficient as day one, i dont give a second thought about giving it to the wife to take to work when its blizzarding out, certainly would if it was of the others

Last edited:
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
i keep everyone ive had 2-300k, i work them 20-30k per year for about 20 years, going out of state some times pulling trailers or whatever, the fords have left me stranded a ton, huge deal waiting for a tow for hours when you have a trailer, and you arent getting any work done, dodge is just to expensive and everything is dealer only, for example the bcm/fuse they put behind the headlights on every pickup from 2000 to current, so it goes every couple years out in the snow is about a thousand bucks and so is the cam and lifter job because you have to take apart the whole truck to do anything on the hemi. they both fall apart and leave you stranded which has never happened on my chevies. they have little issues(like headlights and rust if you dont get it under coated like i always do now) but the other two have serious ones like engine parts and crap

my avalanche currently has about 200k and is just as reliable and efficient as day one, i dont give a second thought about giving it to the wife to take to work when its blizzarding out, certainly would if it was of the others

That’s great, opposite of my experiences but do what’s best for you. The last Ford I traded in had 271,000 miles and the only thing changed was a coil pack. Sometimes I wish I still kept that one. But we can all tell stories like that back-and-forth to each other all day and never get anywhere. Everybody should drive what makes them happy until it doesn’t then change.

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
That’s great, opposite of my experiences but do what’s best for you. The last Ford I traded in had 271,000 miles and the only thing changed was a coil pack. Sometimes I wish I still kept that one. But we can all tell stories like that back-and-forth to each other all day and never get anywhere. Everybody should drive what makes them happy until it doesn’t then change.

hes right really they are all bad, the jap ones are probably the best, for the over priced garbage you would think with the money you pay they would all last 300k without putting a dime into it. i just cant bring myself to buy a jap one though even though they probably last the longest, you have the gas cost for someone that drives a ton the gms have have proven to be the cheapest for my use, because they are meant to be easy to work on, i do everything myself. and parts are cheap because gm uses the same part for decades.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Now I'm leaning towards a Tundra even with the s***ty MPG. Drove a 2011 Platinum F150 3.5EB last night and it's a super nice truck. That EB definitely has some balls and the interior is awesome. Deal breaker for me is the windshield wiper controls being on the left stalk. Lost my left arm in a car accident about 30 years ago and I forgot the domestics have the wiper controls on the left, which sucks. I could deal with it, but if I've got an option I'd rather it be on the right. It seems really trivial until you accidentally turn the wipers on moving your hand over to turn on the blinker repeatedly. I guess I could just never signal, seems to work for about 75% of the people driving any way.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Now I'm leaning towards a Tundra even with the s***ty MPG. Drove a 2011 Platinum F150 3.5EB last night and it's a super nice truck. That EB definitely has some balls and the interior is awesome. Deal breaker for me is the windshield wiper controls being on the left stalk. Lost my left arm in a car accident about 30 years ago and I forgot the domestics have the wiper controls on the left, which sucks. I could deal with it, but if I've got an option I'd rather it be on the right. It seems really trivial until you accidentally turn the wipers on moving your hand over to turn on the blinker repeatedly. I guess I could just never signal, seems to work for about 75% of the people driving any way.
s*** I’m sorry to hear about your arm. That would be difficult! Toy is still a great choice and a solid return later. Even with the few negatives I think it’d be my choice.

advertisement
J

JTW

They have automatic rain sensing wipers. Set it and forget it

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
They have automatic rain sensing wipers. Set it and forget it
I saw that. I guess I'm just so used to the lack of tech on the Toyota's and never having to worry about it failing. Getting in that Platinum after getting out of my Tacoma was like stepping out of a go-kart into the space shuttle.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
if under 8k trailer id go with any of the half tons really. over 8k id look into a diesel. not driving alot or main truck go back to around a 02-06 dodge with 6 speed manual. or a new one. ford 6.7 is nice but they are having electric issues. from 2014- till now as far as i know. select models. duramax does good with lml 11+ models but has def system issues. deleted basically no issues. except door handles. i have duramax 12 and have went all the way to 18k behind 3/4 ton and doesnt have an issue towing. it is deleted and running 35s with no lift. 20+ mpg empty. 14 mpg pulling at 55mph with 18k behind it.
seems like dodges trannies always end up slipping for the autos later in life. but hard to beat 5.9 and 6 speed for a tow rig

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
if under 8k trailer id go with any of the half tons really. over 8k id look into a diesel. not driving alot or main truck go back to around a 02-06 dodge with 6 speed manual. or a new one. ford 6.7 is nice but they are having electric issues. from 2014- till now as far as i know. select models. duramax does good with lml 11+ models but has def system issues. deleted basically no issues. except door handles. i have duramax 12 and have went all the way to 18k behind 3/4 ton and doesnt have an issue towing. it is deleted and running 35s with no lift. 20+ mpg empty. 14 mpg pulling at 55mph with 18k behind it.
seems like dodges trannies always end up slipping for the autos later in life. but hard to beat 5.9 and 6 speed for a tow rig

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info, I really do appreciate the real life numbers.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!