P500 thinking of loading P500 into truck bed..problems?

Raghorn

Raghorn

Aug 26, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
That's why a lot of guys back them in?
I thought that was to center the weight better.

Yeah, the crash idea concerns me. It would only be in the bed when pulling a smaller bumper pull camper. Otherwise a trailer. Would rather not pull doubles, haha.

I've put a number of ATV's in the bed in this manner, but they always fit within the wheel wells and with the tailgate up. This would be a different story. Maybe pulling doubles would be better.......😜

Reactions: Mudder
Newfiebullet

Newfiebullet

Apr 13, 2016
Labrador, Canada
I load mine in my pickup almost weekly, I have never had a problem. 2018 f150 6.5ft box. I always back it in and and it fits between the wheel wells, it don’t drive over them, bike is stock besides 26 bighorn tires.
I don’t notice it much only more gas consumption in my truck on long travels.
My ramps are 7ft tri-fold and I put them under the bike for travel.

Had a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 before this ford and again bike was in it several times with zero trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A

ayhanmecit

Jul 26, 2020
west hills, ca
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I load mine in my pickup almost weekly, I have never had a problem. 2018 f150 6.5ft box. I always back it in and and it fits between the wheel wells, it don’t drive over them, bike is stock besides 26 bighorn tires.
I don’t notice it much only more gas consumption in my truck on long travels.
My ramps are 7ft tri-fold and I put them under the bike for travel.

Had a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 before this ford and again bike was in it several times with zero trouble.

you said "bike". do you mean pioneer 500? is your f150 a 2.7 EcoBoost with any special package like fx, 4x4 or is it a standard 4x2? any enhancements on your suspension or is the truck stock?

Reactions: Mudder
Newfiebullet

Newfiebullet

Apr 13, 2016
Labrador, Canada
you said "bike". do you mean pioneer 500? is your f150 a 2.7 EcoBoost with any special package like fx, 4x4 or is it a standard 4x2? any enhancements on your suspension or is the truck stock?

2015 pioneer 500 and truck is 2018 f-150 sport. 5.0l 4x4.
No enhancement on truck, all stock.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!