BOX1

P1000 Thinking of switching to RZR 900

J

JTW

And with that I think it is apparent I will leave the forum. I joined and found knowledge before I made my purchase and am grateful for that. I have met many people and had great times on the trails on group rides. But both @Cuoutdoors and @JTW have made it apparent I don't belong. I can't afford the best of the best, and I am a p ussy. So with that I will say goodbye. Pat yourselves on the back men, mission accomplished.
Well I hate that... but I’m not sure you’re going to be able to steer off of here without power steering!

Reactions: BWAF
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Not drunk I hope. Haha
And what the hell was that all about. Be cool.
Caper
Nope, not drunk. That would have at least been a cool story.
Back in about 1991 when I was around 17 or so my cousin had one of the things. We both worked at a local grocery store so I when weather was bad I rode to work with him in the sube. He also had some friends/neighbors that worked there. At this point the snow has melted off the main roads but was still on the back roads. So my cousin and his Subaru and his neighbor/friend, in his Mustang II, decided they were going to race home. Already, you can see that this has all the makings of a very exciting event...:rolleyes:

On the way home, there was a side dirt road that roughly paralleled the main road...except that it was dirt road (???) and covered in snow(!!!). For some reason my cousin thought this would be a "shortcut", so he took it in his Subaru. Several curves into this "shortcut"...I will never forget the sight of watching my cousin turn the wheel of his Brat, yet having the frightening feeling of having the car continue straight, right over an embankment and into a creek.
This is probably about 11: 30 or 12 at night. Not to mention the fact that it was probably 20 degrees or so... Very cold. The good news is his brother actually lived roughly a mile up the road...but that was one long, cold mile.
We were actually pretty lucky we were going as fast as we were, because we went off the bank at an angle. Had we been going slower, the vehicle likely would have rolled, which would have would have been very bad. As it was, we were both completely unharmed, which is more than we can say for the brat.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Nope, not drunk. That would have at least been a cool story.
Back in about 1991 when I was around 17 or so my cousin had one of the things. We both worked at a local grocery store so I when weather was bad I rode to work with him in the sube. He also had some friends/neighbors that worked there. At this point the snow has melted off the main roads but was still on the back roads. So my cousin and his Subaru and his neighbor/friend, in his Mustang II, decided they were going to race home. Already, you can see that this has all the makings of a very exciting event...:rolleyes:

On the way home, there was a side dirt road that roughly paralleled the main road...except that it was dirt road (???) and covered in snow(!!!). For some reason my cousin thought this would be a "shortcut", so he took it in his Subaru. Several curves into this "shortcut"...I will never forget the sight of watching my cousin turn the wheel of his Brat, yet having the frightening feeling of having the car continue straight, right over an embankment and into a creek.
This is probably about 11: 30 or 12 at night. Not to mention the fact that it was probably 20 degrees or so... Very cold. The good news is his brother actually lived roughly a mile up the road...but that was one long, cold mile.
We were actually pretty lucky we were going as fast as we were, because we went off the bank at an angle. Had we been going slower, the vehicle likely would have rolled, which would have would have been very bad. As it was, we were both completely unharmed, which is more than we can say for the brat.
Sorry that’s funny. But yeah you were lucky. I’ve had a few times being very lucky doing stupid stuff that you look back later and just shake your head and laugh. But up here 20 degrees is ok. Haha I hunted in Alberta last November and a day after I got there it went to -10 f and around 2 feet of snow over the next two days. Nice. But l brought stuff for 30 degrees. Haha . And no I didn’t shoot anything. For one thing it had to be bigger than the one the year before, a 12 that was about 240 lb. and it was too cold to take your gloves off. Haha. As you can see you tell stories like me. Long. Hahaha. And I got lots of them, some I can’t tell, ever. Haha Loved the story.
Caper

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I hope you were sitting in the front seats.
Haha, yeah I never rode in back. That was for friends without cars that never paid for anything. Haha. Only do that once on a trip. Once there were two guys in back on a trip to PEI and it poured rain on the way home. Flashback. Hahaha. Yeah they weren’t too happy. Probably because I wouldn’t stop. Hahaha My wife hates that I don’t want to stop once I’m on the road. Haha. And getting older doesn’t help. [HASHTAG]#old[/HASHTAG] bladder. Is that what the kids do. Haha. It just wasn’t what I wanted. But it WAS fun. For a year then I sold it for half what I bought it for. Haha. Live and learn, especially for a 19 year old. Haha
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Isn't funny to look back at the Brat with its bed mounted seats now, and think about what kind of fuss is raised about people riding in the backs of trucks.
Especially at the border. Haha. Yeah thank god I never got into any accidents driving it. The people in back wouldn’t have made out too good. Crazy looking back now. But it WAS fun. For the year. Haha
Caper

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
And with that I think it is apparent I will leave the forum. I joined and found knowledge before I made my purchase and am grateful for that. I have met many people and had great times on the trails on group rides. But both @Cuoutdoors and @JTW have made it apparent I don't belong. I can't afford the best of the best, and I am a p ussy. So with that I will say goodbye. Pat yourselves on the back men, mission accomplished.

@YardDog I think you have grossly misunderstood and or misrepresented much of what has been said. I made a statement expressing a generality and you took it as an insult. I said if buying power steering makes or breaks a guys ability to afford a side by side then the guy should probably not be buying one. You then took that MUCH further and said...." PS was available on another rig with options I didn't want and was 6k more with 5 miles on the clock. But I guess I should have bought that one instead even though I didn't want or need the other options, according to you."

Now you're putting words in my mouth. That's not what I said and that's not according to me! You are way off base! I'm not talking about a rig with a bunch of extras for 6K more. I'm talking factory upgrade from base to EPS. The upgrade from a base P1K to a EPS version according to Honda is $1,200 but you can actually do it for less. We'll go with their numbers. That upgrade ACTUALLY gets you "Electronic Power Steering, Tilt Steering Wheel, Paddle Shifters, Sport Mode, Color-matched Door- and Bedside Panels" according to Hondas website. Now, I still stand by my statement that if a grand is going to make or break a guy, as in, it bankrupts your ass, then guy probably shouldn't be buying a side by side. I don't think many financial advisers are going to disagree with that position. But it's just my opinion, take it for whatever, but don't turn this around on me and make yourself to be a victim here. That's BS. If you want to disagree that's great, that's what makes the world go round. My problem is you're trying to play a story here that simply didn't happen. I have not said or done anything to imply you don't belong, I've never said people need the best of the best (because I don't care what they have) and yea JTW called you out on acting the way you were. You had it coming. He just doesn't have any tact, or a filter. If you've been around enough you would know that. It turns out he's a good guy despite how he comes across online, and he's the first guy to help someone out on the trails.

You are choosing to play a victim. I've been to sites where the guys ARE a bunch of dicks. I've been to several and I left pretty damn quick. I've been there and it sucks, this isn't one of those sites. I'll tell you this is the best damn forum on the internet. It is the ONLY forum I use because it is such a great group. Nobody is trying to run you off. We don't discuss drugs, religion or politics. Outside of that If you don't like someones opinion that's fine. Just say you disagree and we'll carry on. If you think i'm full of s*** just say so. I'm not offended and you shouldn't be either if someone calls you on your crap.

People come and go, that's life. But it's your loss should you choose to leave.

P

pgregory

Sep 18, 2017
lafayette tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
dg....trade if you please....whatever fits your needs....but surely surely dont get a polaris....
and surely tell us you didnt!!!!!!

Reactions: Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Huh?
@rlutech is the one thinking about buying a Popo. I was just enjoying some popcorn.
Like I said to get things shaken up , I tell my brothers, one with a RZR and the other with a Can- Am that they are rubber band bikes. Haha. Now the guys that have them , don’t get your panties in a not. Just kidding. Not kidding. Haha
Caper

Reactions: Mudwing
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
After a year and a half and 1,800 Miles, I’m considering trading my 2016 P1000-3 non-EPS on a Polaris RZR 900 non-EPS. I am not impressed with the quality of the P1000. Anybody considering a similar move?
That’s a thing that’s best to just go do, incognito.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Like I said to get things shaken up , I tell my brothers, one with a RZR and the other with a Can- Am that they are rubber band bikes. Haha. Now the guys that have them , don’t get your panties in a not. Just kidding. Not kidding. Haha
Caper
I own the Pioneer 500, 700-2 1000-3 and 1000-5, so I can say this I suppose. I also have a 2009 Polaris 700 with 7,000 miles on it, original belt, and I’ll have it till it drops.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!