Tipped my pioneer 1000-5 on it's side= fuel issues

T

texasMc_D

Mar 26, 2020
New Braunfels
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello all! Im new to the site and was looking to see if anyone has tipped their pioneer on its side and had issues with the machine bogging down afterwards at just over a quarter throttle. I read a few posts about the muffler having issues. So either I rattled the muffler hard enough to cause the issue or im having a different issue. Any help would be great as im a first time pioneer owner and still learning the insides of the machine thanks in advance!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yeah welcome from the Motor City!
you should be good. Just let sit a while before starting it to let the fluids settle.

Reactions: Tundra20 and Isaiah
T

texasMc_D

Mar 26, 2020
New Braunfels
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I though the s/b was connected but when it came to rest on the side it popped loose and i went for a bit of a ride. I made it out with minor scratches. I let it sit for two days after the tip over before running it again.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I though the s/b was connected but when it came to rest on the side it popped loose and i went for a bit of a ride. I made it out with minor scratches. I let it sit for two days after the tip over before running it again.
Are you saying the s/b IS or is NOT connected when it is cutting out?

advertisement
Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the group, sorry to hear about the flop. I am a nubeie also and don’t know a lot about the pioneer (yet) but back in my 4 wheeler days anytime you turned one over it was SOP to pull the carb clean it put it back on, that would fix the problem. Don’t know if your buggy is new or used, you may have sucked up some junk off the bottom of the tank and you got a stuck float or blocked jet. May look into that, good luck.

Reactions: Tundra20
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the group, sorry to hear about the flop. I am a nubeie also and don’t know a lot about the pioneer (yet) but back in my 4 wheeler days anytime you turned one over it was SOP to pull the carb clean it put it back on, that would fix the problem. Don’t know if your buggy is new or used, you may have sucked up some junk off the bottom of the tank and you got a stuck float or blocked jet. May look into that, good luck.
Fuel Injected machines ... not that a gummed up injector isn't possible though.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Hello all! Im new to the site and was looking to see if anyone has tipped their pioneer on its side and had issues with the machine bogging down afterwards at just over a quarter throttle. I read a few posts about the muffler having issues. So either I rattled the muffler hard enough to cause the issue or im having a different issue. Any help would be great as im a first time pioneer owner and still learning the insides of the machine thanks in advance!
Welcome to the club. Sometimes they get tired and need a nap. Is your machine throwing any codes? There's an oil level sensor that will cut the machine off once it passes a certain angle to prevent engine damage, but once upright they fire right back up. Did you flop it over into mud/water by chance?

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Welcome to the club. Sometimes they get tired and need a nap. Is your machine throwing any codes? There's an oil level sensor that will cut the machine off once it passes a certain angle to prevent engine damage, but once upright they fire right back up. Did you flop it over into mud/water by chance?

View attachment 192793
That's a good pic. I like it.

Fro

Fro

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2016
Ardmore
I tipped mine over the last time I took it out. I winched it back up and drove it away without any problems.

Reactions: Backwoods
T

texasMc_D

Mar 26, 2020
New Braunfels
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you for all of the responses everyone. I fired it up after letting it sit for two additional days and the problem seems to have self corrected. Im guessing all of the fluids needed a bit longer to sit and settle. I went from grass to road no water or mud involved. I know these machines are durable it was just a surprise to have issues after the low speed tip over. Oh well, all is good now. My wife was freaked out as she was along for the ride!! I told her welcome to the world of power sports lol!

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you for all of the responses everyone. I fired it up after letting it sit for two additional days and the problem seems to have self corrected. Im guessing all of the fluids needed a bit longer to sit and settle. I went from grass to road no water or mud involved. I know these machines are durable it was just a surprise to have issues after the low speed tip over. Oh well, all is good now. My wife was freaked out as she was along for the ride!! I told her welcome to the world of power sports lol!
I'm glad to hear all is well. Hopefully you guys can get to enjoying it with the roof over top of the wheels for a while. Priceless memory regardless.

Reactions: Mudwing and TripleB
R

RonP

Nov 24, 2019
KY
Ownership

1. 700-2
Years ago I flipped my Honda 350 over with wife on the back, that was the last time she rode with me.

• Wow
Reactions: Mudwing
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!