Tire balancing

L

Lilred02

Feb 7, 2021
Debary Fl
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I have the tusk terrabites because people had good reviews. I cant speak too much yet as I just got them on but they took between 3 to 5 oz of weights so thats not bad for a tire.

On a side note Im not sure who else does, but I balance all tires, trucks, trailers, buggies and all. Its easier on all the parts 😉

Reactions: CID
D

DRKnight

Jan 31, 2019
Yuma, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X
I just installed the Tusk Terrabite 8 ply tires on my Talon and had them balanced.
The tire shop that did them had to add some weights to each tire, but stated that they are a very true round tire.
I do a lot of pavement ridding and the Terrabites run smother than any tire I have run before.

Reactions: Boundertom
F

Fyathyrio

Sep 24, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
3 outta 4 ten-ply Terrabites balanced fine here, but the shop could not get the 4th one to fully balance even using the road force technique. The full bottle of Flat Out leak stop goo I put in did smooth things out a little better and blasting down the road or trail at 55MPH is good to go.

Raynman

Raynman

Sudo Flotation device inspector
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2019
Thumb area, Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The tires are system 3 370’s in 32” on bead locks. The roads are flat dirt roads not pavement. Basically farm roads. I called 4 tire places they can’t balance wheels due to center bore size. And yes I like to haul azz. I’ll get some DOT tires after these wear out.
I just had mine balance at Discount Tire, no issues at all
IMG 0771

Reactions: Udaman and Mudwing
S

Steve F

Mar 3, 2021
Surprise, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X
I too recommend the balance beads. 4oz. per tire should do it, and they're constantly rearranging themselves in the tire to keep a constant balance. They only work at speeds above maybe 15 MPH. I use them on the motorcycle (Goldwing with a car tire) and they work beautifully!

Reactions: Montecresto and SWB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!