WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It could be leaking around the bead. Get a spray bottle with water and a little dawn in it. Pump your tire up and spray that all around the edge of the rim and valve stem. If it's leaking around the rim you could try some slime. Or maybe there is dirt or sticks in there that needs to be cleaned out

K

kyote

Jul 24, 2020
La Porte TX
Ownership

1. 500
Probably dirt in the beads.
Get you a bead slammer/slide hammer off amazon, break the beads, clean, and re-seat.
That usually fixes them.
If not, you can use bead sealant, also on amazon.

BigRol

BigRol

Jun 11, 2021
Cape Breton NS
Ownership

1. 500
Yep, the air is getting out somehow. Spray it, and the bubbles will tell you where.
Thanks all, the problem is the tire doesn't leak! while parked or with the tire/wheel on my bench it doesn't leak any at all. I have been in some rough terrain and thinking maybe the tire could deflect enough to cause air to escape, or maybe suddenly grabbing while spinning causing slipping on the bead. I carry a compressor and plug kid so not a big deal, just bugs me.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thanks all, the problem is the tire doesn't leak!
Obviously they do! You cant loose air and say they dont leak! 😂

Ok, serious here….
I had a similar problem yrs ago on my P1 from driving rough terrain. found out the mud/sand and crap as u say “deflect” whatever that means?😂 Maybe u mean squashes enough to open the bead and let that dirt mud sand in around that bead and that will cause very slow air leakage. This happend to my mysterious leak. So my suggestion to u is to break down your bead and clean the inside of that rim and tire, put a bead sealer on there and remount them. Or get rid of the plaguing steel rims while your at it and still seal them and get u some bead locks and be done with it;)

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Obviously they do! You cant loose air and say they dont leak! 😂

Ok, serious here….
I had a similar problem yrs ago on my P1 from driving rough terrain. found out the mud/sand and crap as u say “deflect” whatever that means?😂 Maybe u mean squashes enough to open the bead and let that dirt mud sand in around that bead and that will cause very slow air leakage. This happend to my mysterious leak. So my suggestion to u is to break down your bead and clean the inside of that rim and tire, put a bead sealer on there and remount them. Or get rid of the plaguing steel rims while your at it and still seal them and get u some bead locks and be done with it;)
Yea if it's losing air then it's got a leak somewhere. My guess is the bead. I have seen the valves loosen some and have a very slow leak as well

Teebow

Teebow

Nov 21, 2020
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Thanks for the comedy relief;) Let me put it another way, if the she's parked for weeks they don't leak. I put the wheel on on my bench for 5 days and checked with a digital tire gauge, No leaks. What PSI do you guys use? is 12 too much? Alas, I guess its time to trade for a CF-moto.
CF-motor’s have leaks too

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thanks for the comedy relief;) Let me put it another way, if the she's parked for weeks they don't leak. I put the wheel on on my bench for 5 days and checked with a digital tire gauge, No leaks. What PSI do you guys use? is 12 too much? Alas, I guess its time to trade for a CF-moto.
Mine took weeks to go down also. Was the damdist thing!

CF Moto‘s have leaks, burn rice and suck fuel as much as Kameltoe Harris does on a Friday nights during job fairs 😂 🥳

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Those CF Moto's look BA! Have more power and suspension travel than the P5 and come with all kinds of accessories right from the factory.
On a group ride with 8 or 10 P5's we came across a young couple in a brand new one broken down on the side of the trail. @JACKAL towed them back to the church parking lot. There's a pic of it somewhere out there.
Seriously wouldn't trade a '15 Honda P500 that's been thoroughly beat on for a brand new PS Moto.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you put 25 or 30 psi in them? If not try that and check for leaks.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Mine took weeks to go down also. Was the damdist thing!

CF Moto‘s have leaks, burn rice and suck fuel as much as Kameltoe Harris does on a Friday nights during job fairs 😂 🥳
If harris proves to be as stand up as pence was, we'll be ok

• Wow
Reactions: Farmer and CID
Test - Grid

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!