JayPo

JayPo

Somewhat Well-Known Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 15, 2020
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I’m still learning all this off road stuff and I’m curious if I run helium in my tires will my buggy just float across the mud holes?
Also using helium in my tires should help when rock climbing because the tires should just float up and over the rocks, right?
I’d appreciate any and all input on this subject.
Thanks.
If you're gonna go the floating tire route, use hydrogen instead as it is even lighter than helium.

advertisement
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m still learning all this off road stuff and I’m curious if I run helium in my tires will my buggy just float across the mud holes?
Also using helium in my tires should help when rock climbing because the tires should just float up and over the rocks, right?
I’d appreciate any and all input on this subject.
Thanks.
What oil are you running is just as important. Also what did you gap your plugs at after you added helium?

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What oil are you running is just as important. Also what did you gap your plugs at after you added helium?
I went with a 2 stroke oil, I figured it felt the lightest,
As far as spark plug gag… I didn’t measure Ed Zackery but it appears to be about 12-14” maybe more…

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
As far as spark plug gag… I didn’t measure Ed Zackery but it appears to be about 12-14” maybe more…
Plug gap? As in Mind the gap!🤔
IMG 6069

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Right on, right on. I'm considering doing this and looking for all the info I can. I was also considering running my tires inside out, should last twice as long.

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don’t forget to rotate the tires perpendicular to the rotation of the axel shafts! You should consider getting omnidirectional tires and rims!
I think that’s a different thread…
Although, I was checking out the ball part on the Bosses Dyson earlier…

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Right on, right on. I'm considering doing this and looking for all the info I can. I was also considering running my tires inside out, should last twice as long.
Running the tires inside out? 🤔…
Before or after you wear the tread on the outside?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!