P500 Torq Locker install help

M

mdavenpo

Jan 28, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Has there been any resolution to the "gap" condition or is it normal? I'm reading every thread I can find before I do the install this weekend. BTW, I do have the service manual and will scour through it as well before the install.
Thanks,
Mark

Reactions: Chooglin
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I think I may have lifted the A arm upward when pushing. All the way in on my 2017.

C

Chooglin

You also need to realize, you have removed the spider gears and replaced them with the outer ring of the Torq-Locker , so chances of them being in the exact same location/position are pretty slim to none!!!

Reactions: trigger
tomcj2

tomcj2

I forgot the ditch was so close
Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
N. Shore Lake Huron,Northern Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 500
I finished the TorqLocker installation yesterday and took it on a test run. I am impressed with it. I climbed a steep soft gravel hill that was impossible for me to do before.
I am extremely mechanically challenged and this installation was the most difficult mechanical work that I have ever done.
I disassembled it and changed the differential components myself but had help to get it back together. I doubt that I could have done it myself.
I used the method of removing only the driver side shock ( I removed it totally) and lower A-arms. I left all of the wheels on. There was enough room to wiggle the differential out. It went back in easily with my friend's help.
The drive shaft pulled away from the differential when I removed it; all instructions stated that it should NOT be removed. I was concerned that I couldn't get it over the rubber "O" ring when I reinstalled it but it worked itself back into place after a short test run.
If I can do it anybody can do it, just watch the video, read all of the suggestions posted here and take your time.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!