TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The also got the warn top mount winch bumper but it gives you zero fender protection. I like the way it's mounted. On top, and it looks like the correct center of pulling pressure. No, fender protection scares me. Don't get me wrong, I not out bouncing off trees, but one little inch to far and your into some pocket money.
I have the warn top mount bumper on my krx and if I had it all to do all over again, I would put the warn on both my Pioneers. I thought I really needed the head light protection but in reality, It will probably on help you very little. I just think the warn bumper would be stronger/better in the long run. @ToddACimer has the warn bumper on his pioneer. He praised it before I got my slasher and I just didn't think I would like it but I was wrong.

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yep that 1/4in tab set up just can't handle the load but since I have boxed my I have not issues. I have knocked over lots of trees and brush with the bumper and have used the winch a lot. I relike the winch up high. Keeps it out of water and mud and makes it easy to get too when needed.

I found some of my before and in process pictures. Took we a afternoon too do. A little hard by your self, bumper is heavy. Plus I had to upgrade my suspension from the deluxe stock to the FOX so I could get my ride height back. I added over 600lbs between bumper, skid plate, trial tools, med kit, dual battery, stero, etcView attachment 328596View attachment 328597View attachment 328598View attachment 328599

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
That was my next question, weight. It looks heavy.

Reactions: Lady01 and Buggyman
Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You added or thats what the bumper weighed?
Not that was what my P1k5 weight when I took it over some scales to work out what spring rates I needed. It was just over 2300lbs with full fuel and all riding gear minus the cooler and people.

I was surprised how fast you can add weight.

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Heavier equals better to me. My slasher is bent all to hell. My tough country has no bent places except for those 2 tabs.
I love the Tough County Bumper. I would totally purchase it again. Really good protection. As I said the only weakness is there mounting. But I think they did it to make it easy not strong.

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the warn top mount bumper on my krx and if I had it all to do all over again, I would put the warn on both my Pioneers. I thought I really needed the head light protection but in reality, It will probably on help you very little. I just think the warn bumper would be stronger/better in the long run. @ToddACimer has the warn bumper on his pioneer. He praised it before I got my slasher and I just didn't think I would like it but I was wrong.
So you've got the Slasher but you would rather of bought the Warn. Can I ask why? I would think the Slasher would be kind of like and having the Warn and headlight protection also.

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Not that was what my P1k5 weight when I took it over some scales to work out what spring rates I needed. It was just over 2300lbs with full fuel and all riding gear minus the cooler and people.

I was surprised how fast you can add weight.

Ole boy, I've got the hard cab, glass windows all the way around. I don't know if I can stand a whole lot more weight. May need to drop my Harley engine it.

advertisement
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So you've got the Slasher but you would rather of bought the Warn. Can I ask why? I would think the Slasher would be kind of like and having the Warn and headlight protection also.
I broke my grill and head light mounts with my full RD bumper. With the warn bumper and forward a-arms the tires hit first and run over obstacles. The warn plow mount is beef and a good guide for most skid plates. The winch is easily accessible on the Warn bumper and the whole setup is better built.

It works better for me. I have seen a lot of upper hood bars and I'm thinking a permanent tie back to the roll cage would be a good improvement to stiffen the Pioneer chassis . In 2022 Honda made them a 1 piece frame and that likely fixes the flex between the main frame and front a-arms.

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ole boy, I've got the hard cab, glass windows all the way around. I don't know if I can stand a whole lot more weight. May need to drop my Harley engine it.
I hate to think what you have added in weight with all that glass. Have you lost ground clearance? I can't remember my exact measurement but I think I was down to about 2in of shock travel just sitting. Add Fox shocks and single spring rates and got everything back. Add 30in tires and I think I now have 14in of ground clearance, I was about 9

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm going in circles again. Going to have to sleep on it a little more. I may fab my own. But that's a lot of work and it's spring time.
It just works and it doesn't hit or get hung up on anything

PXL 20220316 154307416

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does the factory skid plate connect to it?
The factory skid plate stops behind the front diff. The factory skid plate does not attach to any aftermarket front bumper. The Warn plow mount is a good replacement for the factory front bumper and works well with most aftermarket bumpers for an improved approach. I added a panel between my warn plow mount and warn bumper

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I received the Bad Dawg bumper as a gift. Installed a couple weeks ago. Only used the winch a couple times for light duty stuff so not really tested yet but happy so far. I like the winch up high to access free spool.

9ONm7yOOS5ihUwboJQHwpw

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!