BOX1

Traded in the P520 for 2022.5 CanAm Defender DPS CAB

J

JRF

Sep 24, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. 520
Well, follow up to my “Checking Out“ thread and we took delivery of this CanAm on August 19th. Have 300km (about 190 miles) now, and have to say it is everything I and my spouse wished for in a side by side. It is most quiet, where we can have a normal conversation while riding slow or fast, we have room for our daschhund (Jäegermeister) between us, and it floats over top the logging roads we ride on. On difficult and steep terrain, low and locked diff, it tackles with little effort, most importantly throttle control is smooth and easy.
About the only thing I miss about the P520 is the 50” width. This CanAm is huge though at 65” wide and 79” tall, barely fits thru the garage door…an inch to spare. Crazily it will travel 65mph as easy as it tackles difficult terrain. Yes, it is considerably more money but it extends the fall and spring riding seasons with a filtered intake heated cab (no more dust). It has electric window lifts and tilt-up automotive windscreen with washer/wiper. tilt steering, panoramic rear view mirror, various driving modes, 4500lb Warren winch with synthetic rope, and so much storage and everything but a/c. We elected to save on the a/c (about $2000) as we are boaters throughout the summer season.
The P520 was a learning experience for us being that it was our first venture into a SxS, but only because that was all that was available without waiting on an order system. I attempted to trade up to a P1000-3 with full enclosure and heat, but the dealer here said likely be a year wait. The CanAm dealer a mile and a half down the road, took our order July 28th with estimated delivery end of October or early November. Surprised us with delivery less than a month later, this dealership is largest in Canada, and have heard they move 260 SxS per year, well connected to the BRP corporation it seems. This Defender was about 1/3 more of the cost of our loaded P520, well worth it.

2B36AB35 58EB 4A5C 8D73 D8BFDCC30049 FCF206C5 43E0 427B ABD4 4D9FD2209DD3 9808A276 0FFC 477D 82BB DFBA8E97E4FD

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Well, follow up to my “Checking Out“ thread and we took delivery of this CanAm on August 19th. Have 300km (about 190 miles) now, and have to say it is everything I and my spouse wished for in a side by side. It is most quiet, where we can have a normal conversation while riding slow or fast, we have room for our daschhund (Jäegermeister) between us, and it floats over top the logging roads we ride on. On difficult and steep terrain, low and locked diff, it tackles with little effort, most importantly throttle control is smooth and easy.
About the only thing I miss about the P520 is the 50” width. This CanAm is huge though at 65” wide and 79” tall, barely fits thru the garage door…an inch to spare. Crazily it will travel 65mph as easy as it tackles difficult terrain. Yes, it is considerably more money but it extends the fall and spring riding seasons with a filtered intake heated cab (no more dust). It has electric window lifts and tilt-up automotive windscreen with washer/wiper. tilt steering, panoramic rear view mirror, various driving modes, 4500lb Warren winch with synthetic rope, and so much storage and everything but a/c. We elected to save on the a/c (about $2000) as we are boaters throughout the summer season.
The P520 was a learning experience for us being that it was our first venture into a SxS, but only because that was all that was available without waiting on an order system. I attempted to trade up to a P1000-3 with full enclosure and heat, but the dealer here said likely be a year wait. The CanAm dealer a mile and a half down the road, took our order July 28th with estimated delivery end of October or early November. Surprised us with delivery less than a month later, this dealership is largest in Canada, and have heard they move 260 SxS per year, well connected to the BRP corporation it seems. This Defender was about 1/3 more of the cost of our loaded P520, well worth it.

View attachment 358126 View attachment 358127 View attachment 358128
Congrats

Good luck with it 👍

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Congrats, there are some better options out there for a belt driven machine, just bought a tractor, so there went my budget for a new SxS, but I'm still looking at a belt machine. Have fun!

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV

Congrats! As long as you are getting out there and riding you can't beat that! Those are nice rigs, hope it treats you well.

BadMechanic

BadMechanic

Sep 25, 2021
New York
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy

3. 500

4. 520
Congrats.

Shes a beauty. And tall one at that. I havent heard too much about them, but perhaps ill give them another look. I have a can am dealer close by.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Congrats! Glad your happy. Quite a step up from a 520. Like comparing a quad to a SXS.
With all those fixins, how much did that set u back OTD?

J

JRF

Sep 24, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. 520
Congrats! Glad your happy. Quite a step up from a 520. Like comparing a quad to a SXS.
With all those fixins, how much did that set u back OTD?
Yes, it makes me appreciate the 50” wide P520, would have kept it if I had room inside my garage.
i priced a P1000-3 deluxe with full enclosure and heat, this one was in fact less than the P1000-3 loaded and was delivered to me less than a month later, with a lot more standard features. I would have bought the P1000-3 but I was unwilling to wait a year. Good riding is now, we are deep into the fall colours now And the cold frost mornings have taken hold.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yes, it makes me appreciate the 50” wide P520, would have kept it if I had room inside my garage.
i priced a P1000-3 deluxe with full enclosure and heat, this one was in fact less than the P1000-3 loaded and was delivered to me less than a month later, with a lot more standard features. I would have bought the P1000-3 but I was unwilling to wait a year. Good riding is now, we are deep into the fall colours now And the cold frost mornings have taken hold.
Thats all well and good. But what did u Pay OTD and now that u hay the P1k3 was more, what was that price?
You got us all wondering now! Inquiring minds want to know

J

JRF

Sep 24, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. 520
Thats all well and good. But what did u Pay OTD and now that u hay the P1k3 was more, what was that price?
You got us all wondering now! Inquiring minds want to know
Trying to be polite here, and I know you’re busy working hard, but since you are an esteemed Honda owner, how be it you go contact your local friendly Honda Powersports dealer and ask them the price of a P1000-3 deluxe with heat and doors. Then go online and check the price of new 2023 CanAm Defender DPS CAB, and there’s your price. No one sells under list Of late. You‘re welcome, you see, in these parts where I’m from we find it disconcerting to have someone ask “what you pay”. Regards.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Sounds like a great machine for you. Looks like a great ride with all the right features you were looking for.

Being a P520 owner, I know exactly where my compromises are over a lot of the different machines out there. Sure, I am a bit jealous of the speed, suspension travel, noise levels and creature comforts... but in the end, I have the machine I need/want.

Best of luck and have fun with your new SXS! You will hopefully have a nice fall to get out and use it.

Rob

J

JRF

Sep 24, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. 520
Sounds like a great machine for you. Looks like a great ride with all the right features you were looking for.

Being a P520 owner, I know exactly where my compromises are over a lot of the different machines out there. Sure, I am a bit jealous of the speed, suspension travel, noise levels and creature comforts... but in the end, I have the machine I need/want.

Best of luck and have fun with your new SXS! You will hopefully have a nice fall to get out and use it.

Rob
Thanks Rob

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
No need to wait a year, I had mine in mere days of shopping. All you have to do is make phone calls every day, nobodys gonna call you. Can’t argue with ya about the price, but lipstick on a pig.....yadda yadda. And when I bought I started looking Before I Needed it. Plan ahead.

J

JRF

Sep 24, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. 520
No need to wait a year, I had mine in mere days of shopping. All you have to do is make phone calls every day, nobodys gonna call you. Can’t argue with ya about the price, but lipstick on a pig.....yadda yadda. And when I bought I started looking Before I Needed it. Plan ahead.
No regrets, the fun was being in the hunt. Had it not worked out, I would have been content to carry on with the P520 till the right machine for our wants and needs crossed or path…and it did. The P520 was a welcomed learning experience for us as we entered into the SxS recreational activity, enjoyed it and discovered its limitations along the way. You in America are quite fortunate to have many dealers to call and scout for what you would like, Canada is quite limited in that regard, dealers are few and far between.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Trying to be polite here, and I know you’re busy working hard, but since you are an esteemed Honda owner, how be it you go contact your local friendly Honda Powersports dealer and ask them the price of a P1000-3 deluxe with heat and doors. Then go online and check the price of new 2023 CanAm Defender DPS CAB, and there’s your price. No one sells under list Of late. You‘re welcome, you see, in these parts where I’m from we find it disconcerting to have someone ask “what you pay”. Regards.
I can certainly do that yes. But from one dealer to another there is differences. See..in your Country your even higher than here. Ill tell you one thing, Im not calling Canada dealerships for sh!ts and giggles. I dont find it disconcerting when someone asks me what I paid for a rig, especially in this Murder virus economy. If I feel i got a good deal, sure Ill say! Or you dont have to, its a free country right? Oh yeah your not here (being polite) either way I respect that you dont want to say that u got hosed or stole it for that matter, just say you respectfully decline thats all. Dont have to beat around the bush.

Also, im not an “esteemed Honda owner” whatever thats suppose to mean? But yes I own 2 Honda sxs’s and count them…4 of the brand you just bought but in sleds 2 this year and one Poo Poo sled. So cool your jets there turbo its ok! 🤣

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I can certainly do that yes. But from one dealer to another there is differences. See..in your Country your even higher than here. Ill tell you one thing, Im not calling Canada dealerships for sh!ts and giggles. I dont find it disconcerting when someone asks me what I paid for a rig, especially in this Murder virus economy. If I feel i got a good deal, sure Ill say! Or you dont have to, its a free country right? Oh yeah your not here (being polite) either way I respect that you dont want to say that u got hosed or stole it for that matter, just say you respectfully decline thats all. Dont have to beat around the bush.

Also, im not an “esteemed Honda owner” whatever thats suppose to mean? But yes I own 2 Honda sxs’s and count them…4 of the brand you just bought but in sleds 2 this year and one Poo Poo sled. So cool your jets there turbo its ok! 🤣
Those Canucks lol

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know! I have 3 cousins born and raised there and 2 of them get bent easy as well 😂 Except Jen, she just says phuck Trudeau and FJB and she dosnt even live here🤣
I guess i should apply for citizenship instead of renew my greencard. I don't want to be put in the same category.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!