Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I don’t think it comes out as far as the trail armor but I can check when I get home in a couple days.

Reactions: NFA_Fun and TimG
NFA_Fun

NFA_Fun

Aug 22, 2017
Pinetop, Arizona
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I don’t think it comes out as far as the trail armor but I can check when I get home in a couple days.

Thanks!

I did call the manufacturer and they do come out flush with the tubes on the side. They will are working on rocker panels and A arm guards. Leaning towards this route with addition of the rocker panels.

Reactions: joeymt33
TravisGriffith

TravisGriffith

Dec 18, 2018
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ordered the Mod Quad skids from eBay Saturday. I got them Wednesday and installed them after work and for 540 bucks vs 800+ I couldn't be happier. They came with Open Trail stamped on them and included all the hardware and instructions. I'm glad I found this post it saved me a lot of money. I still need to drill a few extra drain holes but that's not a big deal.

2018GMC

2018GMC

Nov 26, 2018
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ordered the Mod Quad skids from eBay Saturday. I got them Wednesday and installed them after work and for 540 bucks vs 800+ I couldn't be happier. They came with Open Trail stamped on them and included all the hardware and instructions. I'm glad I found this post it saved me a lot of money. I still need to drill a few extra drain holes but that's not a big deal.

Nice!

I’m waiting for a eBay coupon to pull the trigger on one.

J

JTW

A spade but is your friend!!

Reactions: TimG
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Never heard of mod quad. Got a picture?

J

JTW

EB865F54 AE65 4BEC 9D63 524F738108AB

DanDan

DanDan

Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2018
Greenville, tejas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How many pieces/sections for the Mod Quad? What is the layout of the pieces?

TravisGriffith

TravisGriffith

Dec 18, 2018
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One of the guys posted a picture earlier in the thread. They have open trail stamped on the bottom side. I've never heard of either one but they're holding up good.

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
I beat the heck out of mine and slid over many rocks,still look new. I would buy them again.

Reactions: BigOL3
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Anybody have any issues with the ModQuad skid? About to pull the trigger but wanted to see if @joeymt33 or @TimG are still holding up?

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
Anybody have any issues with the ModQuad skid? About to pull the trigger but wanted to see if @joeymt33 or @TimG are still holding up?

No problems so far,holding up great and I'm hard on them. I know they're there and I'm not afraid to use them. :D

Reactions: Adam490
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

It’s been holding up pretty good.

It has less bolts holding it on so we drilled more recesses in it and got more washers. With out that it had some loose areas. We also had one of their earlier products so maybe they have changed it now.

We also drilled some drain holes in it because it had none and that was causing problems with leaves, mud and other debris packing in there.

Reactions: Adam490
2018GMC

2018GMC

Nov 26, 2018
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I want one but seems like sellers realized they had some demand and raised price on fleabay

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I never gave much thought of needing more than stock skid plates until we rode around the Mesabi Iron Range last weekend. Had some good rock hits.
I really like the way Ricochets wrap so cleanly around the floor boars etc.

Reactions: JTW
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!