Transmission Issue

Taras

Taras

Sep 25, 2019
Edmotnon
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
Forgive me if this has been posted somewhere else. I bought my 2016 1000-5 about three years ago with about 2200 miles on it. I suspect it wasnt well looked after but I always noticed a chatter on acceleration under load from day 1. I installed a 2.5" superatv bracket lift with forward a arms and the rear as well then installed 30" tires. Still the same chatter and not enough power to turn wheels from a dead stop in mud or muskeg. It would literally stall the engine in low range. I brought it to the dealer last fall and they did all 4 updates and changed fluids. Still the same issues. I did a clutch relearn the other day and the shifting is smoother but low end power sucks and the chatter is horrible under load. On Monday I installed demon axles and threw on a set of maxilla m62s 30" for the terrain up here. Yesterday I heard a bang and now the tranny needs over 3000 rpm before the clutches engage so I know I'm pulling the tranny now. I also busted a fronteft axle which likely happened somewhere else. I guess I need 2 questions answered if possible:
1. Can anyone tell me what may have been taking place in the tranny previously
2. Is the IGR from Reduction Boss a life saver. I do feel as though the unit is geared quite a bit too high for the terrain we have. I need lots of low end torque at 0 to 5 mph. Will this solve some issues or just bust more equipment.
Any of you who have made the drivetrain bullet proof on a 1000 please chime in. Need some help here boys.

Sent from my SM-N9860 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc