P1000m5 Traveller II

Ac240df1c2fe35d8a8a5be85c6e90f10

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
I planned on adding some time mine when its tore apart even if I don't hook them to anything that way I have some there if I ever do want to add something.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
If I am this deep into the pioneer, any other modifications I should make?
Right now I am going to do some sound deadening material.
Sent from my iPhone 10s
I would like to see picks of your sound deadening.
Any thoughts of improving air movement in the engine area to keep temps under control. Someone mentioned bilge fan.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I would like to see picks of your sound deadening.
Any thoughts of improving air movement in the engine area to keep temps under control. Someone mentioned bilge fan.

For now I'm using an acoustic/heat reflective material. Below is some pics of it. Apparently I bought too much for the P700 last year and this is what's left over.

Bought this at Summit racing I believe
Fb8b0baaa204d7c1e244f9c4305d7f64

This is the floor, I covered the panel that's right behind my legs.
57df6eb4852a7114fd7c0c2099655689

I also started working on the rear passenger floor board
2daa6ba88725427056732c0496bac6fc

This is the gap filler that's under the front seat back.
40aa9ae5c77becb3052cc42f99b7f937

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I don't find the sound or heat to be real bad. So, for now I don't plan on adding any active cooling. It is true that the skid plates enclose the engine area and make it hotter. The combo of skids, roof, and windshield make it louder.

It's time for me to service the pioneer, wash it real good, and do a thorough inspection after the ride at royal blue. I figured all that above would be easier if I removed all the plastic.

Sent from my iPhone 10s

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Extra wires! I didn't think of that. I've got a switch for rock lights but have no rock lights installed.

Thank you!
Extra wires is always a good idea. When I ran wire the length of my rig for rear lights, I also ran extras along with it. Nothing more aggravating that going back into the wire cover to add more later lol.

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you check out summit racings brand of hush mat I used it before works good I have some for mine just need to get started on it HaHa
part # SUM-879010 I think

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I will like to report back that after riding around, I cannot see any significant change in the noise level.

I will probably have to ride for a longer duration to be able to test the reduction of heat.

Sent from my iPhone 10s

Reactions: pct
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
That looks pretty slick on the heat barrier but I just don't think the P1K gets that hot, at least not by my standards. I also don't think it is loud even as I run the glass windshield and rear panel with roof, the wife even comment how much quieter it is that anything we have had before even the P500.

I've seen what some of these women are wearing on the trails and spanx or yoga pants and a thinner shirt don't have much of a barrier, if people would dress according to the outdoor activity instead of the couch they may not experience the heat transfer as much.

Reactions: JTW and Tot
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That looks pretty slick on the heat barrier but I just don't think the P1K gets that hot, at least not by my standards. I also don't think it is loud even as I run the glass windshield and rear panel with roof, the wife even comment how much quieter it is that anything we have had before even the P500.

I've seen what some of these women are wearing on the trails and spanx or yoga pants and a thinner shirt don't have much of a barrier, if people would dress according to the outdoor activity instead of the couch they may not experience the heat transfer as much.
Wait a minute there.... I happen to appreciate yoga pants. In fact it should be mandatory !

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

My 4 year old says, "it burns my hiney"! It does put off a little heat but you're right, not much like the P700. I had this left over and decided to use it. I still have enough to do two more vehicles I believe.

A few days ago, even my mother in law asked, "does this have heated seats?"

I hope it helps.

Reactions: pct, DGann and Tot
advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Wait a minute there.... I happen to appreciate yoga pants. In fact it should be mandatory !
I would put a weight limit qualifier on that statement! Some thing cannot be unseen, for @lee sake I will not post that picture, his wife doesn't understand why he is looking at it. :D

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
apparently the heat thing is far worse from the seats other than the driver one. My gf and her sister complained about it on our last few rides. But then as soon as we opened the doors they stopped complaining when they realize how cold it was outside haha

Reactions: joeymt33
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
apparently the heat thing is far worse from the seats other than the driver one. My gf and her sister complained about it on our last few rides. But then as soon as we opened the doors they stopped complaining when they realize how cold it was outside haha
I bet alot has to do with the taller doors and less airflow. I've read where other maufactures have 2 models 1 with half doors, and 1 with full doors, and there is a heat difference

Reactions: joeymt33
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
Sorry if this has been either asked or stated already. Is that the Two piece hard coat windshield if so how is it holding up. Really wanting the ability to open it for air flow but I am torn between it and the real glass one for the durability. I know it's Apple to oranges.
go with Glass its always fresh and like a new windshield (Google the question bet u come up with 8 out of ten recommend glass)

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
On my last ride the only time I felt any heat was when I splashed water on the engine and the steam came up. I run a 2 piece windshield and rear panel.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
I've got the glass windshield, roof, full doors and the soft mid panel and the passanger side seats get pretty hot. Something's starting to tell me it wouldn't be as bad with the hard mid panel kit. I think the noise would be less too since the soft panel has a huge 4" gap at the top to the roof

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I've got the glass windshield, roof, full doors and the soft mid panel and the passanger side seats get pretty hot. Something's starting to tell me it wouldn't be as bad with the hard mid panel kit. I think the noise would be less too since the soft panel has a huge 4" gap at the top to the roof

The passenger side is hot because the exhaust is on the passenger side. I would wrap it with header wrap if I thought it would last a while and not rust out.

Anyone have thoughts one the rust issue using the wrap? Can a guy paint the pipes first to prevent rust?

Reactions: CashMoney
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I guess I could remove them and have them ceramic coated! Hmm, several weeks down time and extra cost, I don't think so.

Sent from my iPhone 10s

Reactions: DGann
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I ran mine for a couple months with hard roof and glass w/s. I didn't even notice the heat until I put the hard mid panel on.
The seat heat is not too bad but I'm gonna put some insulation on before the summer heat.

advertisement