Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Also I called CEC and ordered up a custom enclosure that will fit my chopped cage. I wasn’t really that interested in it but if it keeps momma and kids out there with me more often then it’s worth it.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Next thing to do in the upcoming months is to get a soft top that should be cooler and quieter during the summer.

@Eltobgi I may holler at you again about this. My requirements will be easily removable and no straps outside the ROPS.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
After all that I’ll need some rocker tubes for better protection and different approach to a rear tire and fuel carrier. My old hitch style worked great but not so much with both kiddos in the back. I need to be able to let the tailgate down.

Previous set up....
7f392c6c1b2ec48933f3e16101c985a1

Another thought is my old tires....this will be the third takeover for the roctanes. With all the other goodies I didn’t leave any budget for tires. So I think I’ll try cutting these to add some more bite and flex and see how that goes. @snuffnwhisky get ready! I’ll be camping outside your shop for a while.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All you guys with your 30’s got me to thinking about moving up to a 30” tire. Found a decent deal on a set of regulators that will fit my rockstars. I’d have to upgrade a arms though as well, right?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
All you guys with your 30’s got me to thinking about moving up to a 30” tire. Found a decent deal on a set of regulators that will fit my rockstars. I’d have to upgrade a arms though as well, right?

You will need to do the a arms and you’ll probably want the gear reduction

advertisement
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I was never worried about clutches. I really liked how yours drove though.

I believe the Overland adventure punished my clutches quite a bit. With all of the gear for the weekend +2 passengers and driving slow, they feel pretty soft at the end of that ride and the next couple rides I took during the winter. It will rev about 1000 RPM between shifts only when in high. In low it drives great. And some days it does not rev high when I’m driving around in high range.

I’m thinking I cooked the glue on one of the clutch discs and sometimes it slips and sometimes it doesn’t. I’ll know pretty soon when I take it apart.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think I’ll send mine in for the clutch update before I do anything. I need to do my best to smoke the original clutch first to guarantee a replacement clutch since apparently pulling 1 ton pickups around with car trailers attached isn’t enough to do it.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I believe the Overland adventure punished my clutches quite a bit. With all of the gear for the weekend +2 passengers and driving slow, they feel pretty soft at the end of that ride and the next couple rides I took during the winter. It will rev about 1000 RPM between shifts only when in high. In low it drives great. And some days it does not rev high when I’m driving around in high range.

I’m thinking I cooked the glue on one of the clutch discs and sometimes it slips and sometimes it doesn’t. I’ll know pretty soon when I take it apart.
We definitely did test the max load capacities on several rigs, that is for sure.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also I called CEC and ordered up a custom enclosure that will fit my chopped cage. I wasn’t really that interested in it but if it keeps momma and kids out there with me more often then it’s worth it.
CEC makes the best looking enclosures in my opinion. Luckily mine still enjoys the open air when riding lol.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Next thing to do in the upcoming months is to get a soft top that should be cooler and quieter during the summer.

@Eltobgi I may holler at you again about this. My requirements will be easily removable and no straps outside the ROPS.

Love the innovative thinking that constantly occurs here at Hondasxs.com! Pioneer Takeover last year was very hard on the soft top straps/bungees leading to necessary replacement. The obvious solution are welded loops inside the cage/ROPS to remove necessary supports for sunshade from the outside position to a safer location inside. Or adding eyelets to sunshade and carrying spare bungees.

But with the innovative thinkers in our Club, I’m expecting to see a fully automated retractable sunshade/roof:cool:

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After all that I’ll need some rocker tubes for better protection and different approach to a rear tire and fuel carrier. My old hitch style worked great but not so much with both kiddos in the back. I need to be able to let the tailgate down.

Previous set up....
View attachment 67023

Another thought is my old tires....this will be the third takeover for the roctanes. With all the other goodies I didn’t leave any budget for tires. So I think I’ll try cutting these to add some more bite and flex and see how that goes. @snuffnwhisky get ready! I’ll be camping outside your shop for a while.

I’m going to pick up some metal next week to work on a carrier, I’ll send some pics.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
CEC makes the best looking enclosures in my opinion. Luckily mine still enjoys the open air when riding lol.

They also enjoy open air, The problem is that we have a plan to go ride somewhere and with my busy work schedule it’s hard for me to reschedule sometimes. At least with enclosure we will be ready for sunshine, freezing cold or rain.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Love the innovative thinking that constantly occurs here at Hondasxs.com! Pioneer Takeover last year was very hard on the soft top straps/bungees leading to necessary replacement. The obvious solution are welded loops inside the cage/ROPS to remove necessary supports for sunshade from the outside position to a safer location inside. Or adding eyelets to sunshade and carrying spare bungees.

But with the innovative thinkers in our Club, I’m expecting to see a fully automated retractable sunshade/roof:cool:

I see that alien now has one specifically for the pioneer. Is that what you got?

Reactions: JTW, pct and sharp
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I see that alien now has one specifically for the pioneer. Is that what you got?
No I will try to track down info but may be in my Build thread

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
No I will try to track down info but may be in my Build thread

Maybe they didn’t offer that at the time you purchased, but if they do now and it’s the same company that you were happy with then I should just proceed with the pioneer version.

Reactions: sharp and Eltobgi
advertisement