Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I can say that what I purchased both times was for a Jeep not specifically designed for the pioneer, but the second fit as if it was.

Reactions: sharp and joeymt33
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
View attachment 67102

Rugged Ridge 13579.25

Ok this is the second one that fit almost perfect. Looking at the price in comparison to others it’s easy to see why I went this route View attachment 67103 View attachment 67104

Thanks for that. The price is about 60% of the one labeled for the pioneer. Looks like the only difference is a little more coverage and the two holes won’t be in the one specific for the pioneer. I’m thinking the one you got may be the way to go.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I think @CumminsPusher Probably made the best looking enclosure. But he's not doing them for sale. What a waste of talent!
Buttering me up to stay warm next weekend already? Not sure it’ll be cold enough to run it at 40, figure we can just snuggle. Wish had it installed for Xmas weekend though at -12 and below!

J

JTW

Maybe they didn’t offer that at the time you purchased, but if they do now and it’s the same company that you were happy with then I should just proceed with the pioneer version.
I spoke with Alien a year ago about them and urged them to make one for us. It was the best $$ I saw at the time.

Reactions: joeymt33 and sharp
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After all that I’ll need some rocker tubes for better protection and different approach to a rear tire and fuel carrier. My old hitch style worked great but not so much with both kiddos in the back. I need to be able to let the tailgate down.

Previous set up....
View attachment 67023

Another thought is my old tires....this will be the third takeover for the roctanes. With all the other goodies I didn’t leave any budget for tires. So I think I’ll try cutting these to add some more bite and flex and see how that goes. @snuffnwhisky get ready! I’ll be camping outside your shop for a while.
So your spare does not look to be a 30" is that right?

I see that alien now has one specifically for the pioneer. Is that what you got?

I bought one from Spidershade - made specifically for the Pioneer. While I wanted Red is only came in black and it was quite a bit more for than a jeep version. I loved riding with it in the summer and can tell the weight reduction when I remove the hard top. Like you I end up running my hard top more as I am worried about possible rain when riding for a few days.

@Eltobgi - I know you also have a soft top - can you trailer with a soft top on?

I actually would love to see a jeep type Bikini top for these things.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

I bought one from Spidershade - made specifically for the Pioneer. While I wanted Red is only came in black and it was quite a bit more for than a jeep version. I loved riding with it in the summer and can tell the weight reduction when I remove the hard top. Like you I end up running my hard top more as I am worried about possible rain when riding for a few days.

@Eltobgi - I know you also have a soft top - can you trailer with a soft top on?

It was on a trailer from Canadian border to Tennessee and back

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I have a spare 30 inch tire and wheel that matches the others but I usually leave it in the truck or in the trailer. That stock tire would do just fine getting me out of the trail. I have yet to need a spare tire but I still generally like to carry one.

Thanks for the information on the weight reduction up high when using the soft top. I was hoping that would be the case as well as a little bit less noise and a more open feel in the summertime.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a spare 30 inch tire and wheel that matches the others but I usually leave it in the truck or in the trailer. That stock tire would do just fine getting me out of the trail. I have yet to need a spare tire but I still generally like to carry one.

Thanks for the information on the weight reduction up high when using the soft top. I was hoping that would be the case as well as a little bit less noise and a more open feel in the summertime.

Yes, another added benefit is the noise reduction. I do need to find a way to plug or smooth out the notch of the Rops on the middle top as that does have potential of getting hung on a tree. I can say that I have taken a few hunks of trees with me a couple of times so it also has ability to cut a path through. I really liked the net shade as it does a good job opening up but also shielding you from some of the sun.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

Yes you can trailer with, but if there are any weak spots in the bungees from rubbing trees or earth, lol, they will not hold up.
B909B410 8F01 44CC 8695 6B0971A60DD0
Had to replace after the journey, but down there with no frays on bungees there were no issues.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
That’s the one I was considering but the other one that is for a four-door Jeep is half the price. It doesn’t fit is good though.
1F99ABDD 5646 4198 B6A8 B26CEBBE3E3B
The front roll bar mounting location uses Velcro straps as well which holds well but would prefer bungees attachments in there place like the alien shade.
4092CC45 AF4C 4242 AECE B430D70F04AA

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Reactions: BWAF and sharp