P1000m5 Traveller II

Ac240df1c2fe35d8a8a5be85c6e90f10

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry if this has been either asked or stated already. Is that the Two piece hard coat windshield if so how is it holding up. Really wanting the ability to open it for air flow but I am torn between it and the real glass one for the durability. I know it's Apple to oranges.

I like it OK, but I don't think it's worth the price.

One thing to consider, the top piece is hardcoat and the bottom piece is not. In my opinion, Honda screwed us on this one. They should've called it a two-piece windshield and top piece hardcoated.

With that said, here are my observations:

1. When you get around 35-40 miles an hour and faster it will start vibrating violently if you have it open. Ask @ohanacreek.

2. It needs to open more than 4 inches in my opinion.

3. When closed, it does a good job of stopping pretty much all airflow coming through and hitting you.

4. It is very easily installed and removed for when you don't want it.

5. The hardcoat seems to be very scratch resistant. I use common sense and rinse off the windshield with water first and then I wipe it. Last weekend while riding, it got very muddy and I rinsed it with a bottle of water and then wiped it off with a towel and there are no scratches on it.

Super ATV now has a windshield that will open all the way up but it is still plastic.

Joe
Seems like most folks tend to go with the Honda windshield, but to me they are not worth the price. I got the Armor Tech Windshield and it seems to be the best of both worlds. Cheaper than the Honda, with metal frame and GLASS that shuts tight or opens up by laying flat and secure. Does not rattle or vibrate at any speed, nor does it get scratched up. What is not to love about it ..... lol. Their top and back, are lagniappe!

Last edited:
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Seems like most folks tend to go with the Honda windshield, but to me they are not worth the price. I got the Armor Tech Windshield and it seems to be the best of both worlds. Cheaper than the Honda, with metal frame and GLASS that shuts tight or opens up by laying flat and secure. Does not rattle or vibrate at any speed, nor does it get scratched up. What is not to love about it ..... lol. Their top and back, are lagniappe!
Pics of the Armor Tech windshield........

Closed position, H/D rubber straps undone, opened and secured. With OEM bumper, the windshield has rubber bumper that sits on hood "ridge". When paired to the TC bumper, I attached rubber cushion to windshield that rest on the bumpers light guards.0ecb50a255ed877bf1913191e6ef2b8dCe28830b3db63d9d7b7ccdb28814e4ab5b868a54e375613490b2212e934b3966674bc3958251f9973496403d954a6184

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I found some pieces of metal in the shop that needed no other modification. They fit perfect including the bolt hole size and length. And they are stainless!

I think I had about a dozen more. Anybody want one?
If you still have them, I would appreciate a set. Let me know and I will PM my info!

I ran the wires along the top of the ROPS on the passenger side and then down the front bar by the windshield. I ran the wire thru the gap between the fender and ROPS.
That is EXACTLY the way I ran my wires also.

Reactions: BWAF
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If you still have them, I would appreciate a set. Let me know and I will PM my info!

That is EXACTLY the way I ran my wires also.

I’m away on business right now but I will look when I get back home.

Reactions: BigOL3 and BWAF
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reactions: BWAF and joeymt33
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m sure you could paint it. Not sure about custom sizes because I just bought their pioneer specific top.
Is that the Alien brand? I love mine and can’t wait wait to be able to put back on. Does a great job of blocking out the suns rays and giving the open cab feeling . Alas On trips this big man far I tend to default to the set up for the worst weather possibility.