Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Is that the Alien brand? I love mine and can’t wait wait to be able to put back on. Does a great job of blocking out the suns rays and giving the open cab feeling . Alas On trips this big man far I tend to default to the set up for the worst weather possibility.

It’s alien brand, I remember @Eltobgi tearing most of his bungee cords at takeover 2017. I used zip ties on the side and the bungees on the ends. I really don’t care if I break zip ties and I threw a bag of them inside the rear door.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
It’s alien brand, I remember @Eltobgi tearing most of his bungee cords at takeover 2017. I used zip ties on the side and the bungees on the ends. I really don’t care if I break zip ties and I threw a bag of them inside the rear door.
That is a great idea!;)

BrophyCreek

BrophyCreek

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 8, 2016
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
While I was out in the dark I shot a pic of these super bright interior lights. Did I tell you guys these are like $5 for a pair?

View attachment 25898
I know this an older part of this thread, but I have a question about those lights. Did you stick them right to your roof or punt a metal plate? I read reviews that said they work great, but they get "crazy hot". Also, in this same thread time frame, I thought I saw an update where you said the bellows that you used leaked and caused a failure. Have you found anything better or how did you solve the problem? I don't really ever go in deep water, but for piece of mind and just in case. I'll be at the Takeover next weekend too, and it looks like there's going to be plenty of water there. I saw some YouTube videos of last years Creek ride, LOL

J

JTW

I know this an older part of this thread, but I have a question about those lights. Did you stick them right to your roof or punt a metal plate? I read reviews that said they work great, but they get "crazy hot". Also, in this same thread time frame, I thought I saw an update where you said the bellows that you used leaked and caused a failure. Have you found anything better or how did you solve the problem? I don't really ever go in deep water, but for piece of mind and just in case. I'll be at the Takeover next weekend too, and it looks like there's going to be plenty of water there. I saw some YouTube videos of last years Creek ride, LOL

Since you’re getting pressed for time I throw in my .02..
The lights don’t get hot and the bellows cause problems.. just run regular vent lines with chainsaw filters on the end.. some members here sell the kits to do it.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I haven’t had a problem with these lights getting hot. I did have them stuck to the plastic roof but move them to the roll cage so I could remove the roof easily.

Just extend the hoses to a higher location. That’s the best option

BrophyCreek

BrophyCreek

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 8, 2016
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Since you’re getting pressed for time I throw in my .02..
The lights don’t get hot and the bellows cause problems.. just run regular vent lines with chainsaw filters on the end.. some members here sell the kits to do it.
Cool, thx. See you next week!

Reactions: BWAF
BrophyCreek

BrophyCreek

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 8, 2016
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven’t had a problem with these lights getting hot. I did have them stuck to the plastic roof but move them to the roll cage so I could remove the roof easily.

OK, thx! Hopefully get a chance to meet next week.

Reactions: BWAF and joeymt33
BrophyCreek

BrophyCreek

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 8, 2016
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

What size is the tubing? I can just go measure, but it's out in my shed and I figured you may know off the top of your head.

Reactions: BWAF
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
What size is the tubing? I can just go measure, but it's out in my shed and I figured you may know off the top of your head.

I really don’t know. There’s some members on this site selling a complete kit with everything you need and instructions. I would recommend picking that up

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Been so busy but it’s now time to get ready for the takeover. Last time I rode Stony Lonesome I hit a stump so I’m straightening the front bumper.

2d0c0b13680c5eabcd15326c45bad481

Also with the bumper removed now is a good time to inspect the front suspension mounts. Found some issues....

063725c400e125e74cdc8c47e4a554e5

Af7fc628f349cf2242bacca26f0fa2ca

4311be5074d34679920bda01aaeb4b11

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hammered out the bumper. All is back in place.

Just now tried cutting the tires and see what it does. I’ve never tried this before but what the heck. This is the third takeover for these tires or third year. They’re 50% I guess so I’ve the good out of them.

71b070be431551ea7eb44a71db3f854f

B3f3e2c23b717a8325bd225b30d8f84b

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hammered out the bumper. All is back in place.

Just now tried cutting the tires and see what it does. I’ve never tried this before but what the heck. This is the third takeover for these tires or third year. They’re 50% I guess so I’ve the good out of them.

View attachment 72031

View attachment 72032
What you use an elecric knife ;)

Reactions: pct and joeymt33
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The wetsounds quit on day two of the take over which was Thursday for me. Sucks!

Must have been the rain we drove thru Wednesday night. I guess it’s not water proof anymore. I think after it dries it will live again. I’ll make sure to use a sealant to prolong life. This was my first ride with the roof off so it had gotten rained on a lot. However, since the sound bar was installed in early 2016 it has been washed after every ride and has not had a problem. Some screws were loose though so the rain water may have gotten in. Combine that with a hot sound bar that cooled quickly in the rain it probably sucked the water in.

337cc2b6e70752590d0ae7c940b33790

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The wetsounds quit on day two of the take over which was Thursday for me. Sucks!

Must have been the rain we drove thru Wednesday night. I guess it’s not water proof anymore. I think after it dries it will live again. I’ll make sure to use a sealant to prolong life. This was my first ride with the roof off so it had gotten rained on a lot. However, since the sound bar was installed in early 2016 it has been washed after every ride and has not had a problem. Some screws were loose though so the rain water may have gotten in. Combine that with a hot sound bar that cooled quickly in the rain it probably sucked the water in.

View attachment 73375
Mary's ridge curse?

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 73375
What model was yours or rather did it have a connection where you could unhook the main wire (power,input, etc) from the bar itself? I had read that was a potential water entry/ failure point.

Upload 2018 4 24 21 27 11