Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Something else that I’ve been wanting to do for a while, add zerks to the rear knuckles. About a year ago or so I posted a video and maybe some how to stuff on changing the rear knuckle bushings. It looks like it’s time to do it again and I’m sure it’s because they are bone dry. I remove them this evening and they are dusty dry even though I greased them.

I’m waiting on new parts to come in but at least now I can grease them before and after every ride.

24d63fbc00a76d58ab419a5affbb82e4

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
And lastly, I’m going to be adding some suspension limit straps on all four corners. I know that there will probably be a lot of people see no use in this and make fun of me but after talking with @snuffnwhisky about some issues I was having it looks like I need to limit the suspension travel. It will just look funny to some people that I have limit straps on a rig that’s not considered a sport model.

I have the inner CVs come apart sometimes because I have too much droop and it is breaking the snaprings. Sometimes it pulls off the boot. Also the suspension droop is limited by the axle which is probably why I have two warped axles. The CATVOS Front arms have too much droop. And the rear arms I made my own lift which gave them too much droop.

So I’ve got some hardware and straps on the way. I’ll Update soon with those parts come in.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Something else that I’ve been wanting to do for a while, add zerks to the rear knuckles. About a year ago or so I posted a video and maybe some how to stuff on changing the rear knuckle bushings. It looks like it’s time to do it again and I’m sure it’s because they are bone dry. I remove them this evening and they are dusty dry even though I greased them.

I’m waiting on new parts to come in but at least now I can grease them before and after every ride.

View attachment 79901
Nice..may have to do that myself.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Nice..may have to do that myself.

Snuff recommends machining some grooves in the bushings to allow grease to go in. Also when you drill and tap the knuckle for the zerks, you have to go back and shave some of the grease fittings off so they do not stick inside too far and interfere. A lot of the stuff I’m just learning along the way but hopefully it will work out good.

You can see the bushings on mine are worn badly again.

01e9d67ac8e35047a3f236f3d13df0c2

A couple of them are even rusty from all the mud and water in there. I’m thinking I will use extreme pressure grease since those bushings probably need it or Marine grease since I spend so much time in the water.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Oh yeah, one last mod today.

I figured since the stock wheel bearings have lasted several years and several thousand miles it wouldn’t hurt for me to go from the current one and a half inch rear spacer to a 2” rear wheel spacer. And also change the front 1” spacer to a one and a half inch spacer.

I figured with the new 32” tires being a little bit taller and also slightly more narrow I should probably do this. I added new 2” spacers to the rear and move the 1.5” spacers to the front. I will probably get more tire rubbing on the fender wells or skid plate due to the scrub radius. I guess I’ll see how it goes on the next ride.

2de2ae9f33a8468f0f1b1a6dcd3c7cc1
Bcab5dbddca5f1f27ee1e701d3946b28

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I’m super pleased with the tires and here’s a quick summary comparing 32” Terrabites to 30” Roctanes.

At 6psi they ride AWESOME and don’t even look under inflated. With camping gear and heavy loaded in the back I should have adjusted to 8psi in the rear. I knew we would be going slower. If I were going to be on some faster trails I would inflate them more.

Seem to grip rock better than the Roctanes.

The sidewalls are thinner by a little bit.

They tread contact is one inch more narrow.

They are the same weight or maybe a pound less than the 30” roctanes.

The vehicle is a little looser feeling with more sidewall and less pressure.

They rub just a little bit when compressed and turned. (I have 2” forward arms). I don’t feel like adding any more lift because I want stability. Therefore, I will deal with a little bit of rubbing.

I gave them a thorough inspection and they took the abuse of Coalmont very good.

Mud performance isn’t great so more throttle is needed.

I did not notice any power loss coming from the 30” Roctanes.

Oh yeah! They’re super cheap at $144 shipped from RMATV
That’s awesome to hear because that’s the tire that stood out to me at the Takeover and am still considering. I can’t wait to hear extended usage report!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That’s awesome to hear because that’s the tire that stood out to me at the Takeover and am still considering. I can’t wait to hear extended usage report!

Just remember they run short. The 28” version isn’t much more than stock. Farm Rig May upgrade to 30’s which are more like 28-29” depending on pressure. The 27” tall 28’s ain’t cutting it.

X4Dice

X4Dice

Jun 3, 2016
USA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
I sent mine back to RMATV, they cracked all the way around each of the center lugs. On all 4 tires. I didn't get 900 miles. But they looked brand new with little ware at10 psi. I liked the tires and RMATV took care of me. I switched to big horns mostly because I use it in snow as well.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I sent mine back to RMATV, they cracked all the way around each of the center lugs. On all 4 tires. I didn't get 900 miles. But they looked brand new with little ware at10 psi. I liked the tires and RMATV took care of me. I switched to big horns mostly because I use it in snow as well.
If I do get a set I plan on a second set of wheels for the Big Horns in the snow and mud. I still believe they are perfect for those conditions. But when it’s dry out I don’t want all the damn flats

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Riding primroy and Tackett sat and sun. I didn't do a thread cause I was invited. Sure there's room for a couple more though. Interested?

I probably can’t get away that far. I was hoping you was going to say Coalmont or something close.

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I probably can’t get away that far. I was hoping you was going to say Coalmont or something close.
We can get one going soon though. Ain't even tried our my tablet yet. And it's driving me crazy

Reactions: sharp and BWAF