P1000m5 True Battery Isolator Install Question

Reno58

Reno58

Oct 21, 2017
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Okay, my first dumb question.......Installed second battery (Odyssey PC925) along with battery isolator (True UTV-SBI-15CM). Double checked install and cranked up P1000, blue led light popped on, no problem. Shut engine off, but little blue light has been on for about 4 hours!?

I've seen other posts on this, sorry for beating a dead horse here, but is the light staying on because my auxiliary battery is new and slightly below a "full charge" or is something amiss?

Again, my apologies to the dead horse.

Thanks for your comments.

Reactions: knuckledeep
knuckledeep

knuckledeep

my trailer queen is trashy
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It could be what are the voltages on the meter

knuckledeep

knuckledeep

my trailer queen is trashy
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The voltmeters hooked to a key hot ??? mine stays on for a bout 5 to 10 min after i shut it off

Reno58

Reno58

Oct 21, 2017
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looked up True's web site, it stated they usually have knowledgeable personnel that will answer phone 24/7/365, so I called their number. The company owner picked up, answered my question (it is working properly) and was very nice. I highly recommend this company!

knuckledeep, thanks for your input.

J

JTW

Looked up True's web site, it stated they usually have knowledgeable personnel that will answer phone 24/7/365, so I called their number. The company owner picked up, answered my question (it is working properly) and was very nice. I highly recommend this company!

knuckledeep, thanks for your input.
You’re not the first to have this question or experience the same level of customer service! Great product and company!!!

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
To test operation turn off machine, then turn on devices connected to Aux battery. When the voltage in the Aux battery drops below the preset voltage the isolator will open the connection to the main battery. (The blue light will go out)
I have talked to him also a couple times. He is a great guy!

advertisement
my99svt

my99svt

I identify as a lesbian
Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2016
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Ownership

1. Talon X

2. Talon R
My blue light quit working after about a month. But watching my volt meters i can tell the switch still functions properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Reno58

Reno58

Oct 21, 2017
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
To test operation turn off machine, then turn on devices connected to Aux battery. When the voltage in the Aux battery drops below the preset voltage the isolator will open the connection to the main battery. (The blue light will go out)

Exactly what I did to get the light to go off - turned on ignition (didn't start the engine) and turned on headlights. In about 20 sec the light went out.

All is well.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
casey2131

casey2131

Nov 6, 2017
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Hi, I was under the impression that you hooked all of your main wires with higher voltage from your amps, LED lights, and speakers to your main battery directly I hooked my gauges up to a positive power bar, when the voltage goes down on that to where it would be close to unable to start, it would kick over to the spare, am I missing something? Thank you.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hi, I was under the impression that you hooked all of your main wires with higher voltage from your amps, LED lights, and speakers to your main battery directly I don't mind gauges up to a positive power bar, when the voltage goes down on that to where it would be unable to start, it would kick over to the spare am I missing something? Thank you.
no, no, no.. you have it backwards.

All accessories should be hooked the secondary battery.

The Tru isolator bridges both batteries as long as the main battery has more then 13v's. Once it falls below the threshold it disconnects. Saving the main battery from drain.

Edit....
The blue light acts as a voltage indicator. If it is on. That means your main battery has more then the threshold. (13v +-). If it is off. That means the main battery has less then the threshold.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
casey2131

casey2131

Nov 6, 2017
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
no, no, no.. you have it backwards.

All accessories should be hooked the secondary battery.

The Tru isolator bridges both batteries as long as the main battery has more then 13v's. Once it falls below the threshold it disconnects. Saving the main battery from drain.

Edit....
The blue light acts as a voltage indicator. If it is on. That means your main battery has more then the threshold. (13v +-). If it is off. That means the main battery has less then the threshold.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hi, thank you for your reply. That's weird because that's the way I had it hooked up from the beginning and every time I looked at my voltage meter it said it was @12 or under sometime 11. Something wasn't right, when I moved everything to my other battery the main battery everything seemed to be working as it should. Always showing 13.9 volts when it has a draw and 14.1 without a draw. Should i put them back ? Thanks so much for your time.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hi, thank you for your reply. That's weird because that's the way I had it hooked up from the beginning and every time I looked at my voltage meter it said it was @12 or under sometime 11. Something wasn't right, when I moved everything to my other battery the main battery everything seemed to be working as it should. Always showing 13.9 volts when it has a draw and 14.1 without a draw. Should i put them back ? Thanks so much for your time.
IDK, I'm not going to claim to be an expert at this. And it gets confusing too.
But the ultimate goal is to not drain the main battery even if you left the accessories on all night and day. The isolator interrupts this connection once the voltage drops from the source battery. Thus allowing you to drain the extra battery but not the start battery.
I would most definitely take another look into your setup.

Reactions: JTW
casey2131

casey2131

Nov 6, 2017
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
UPDATE: I put everything back on secondary battery and hooked up separate voltage meters for both batteries I think I was reading the secondary battery voltage after it was going down. Thanks again, fingers crossed. Also hooked up a trickle charger for secondary battery for good measures. LOL Thanks everyone !!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
UPDATE: I put everything back on secondary battery and hooked up separate voltage meters for both batteries I think I was reading the secondary battery voltage after it was going down. Thanks again, fingers crossed.
LOL... Great,

Side note.
There have some reports of the voltage meter being on an incorrect circuit and causing misreadings. Sorry, that's over my head to figure that out. lol.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!