P1000 True battery isolator

Schmeg

Schmeg

Jan 9, 2020
Bangor Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking to pick up a true isolator with wiring from the store. Does anyone know if they are currently in stock? Heard rumors they may be hard to come by right now.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I
Looking to pick up a true isolator with wiring from the store. Does anyone know if they are currently in stock? Heard rumors they may be hard to come by right now.
Ordered 1 for my buddy on friday and received it 3 days ago.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
All isolators are in stock and shipping within 1 business day.
Link if anyone needs one.

Reactions: CID and TripleB
BBB

BBB

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 7, 2019
Northeast Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Mine came in 3 days also.
All isolators are in stock and shipping within 1 business day.
Link if anyone needs one.

Reactions: TripleB
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
How do they actually work? I have one that came with my used machine. Very high quality unit, but not exactly sure how they operate.

Reactions: Russ989
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How do they actually work? I have one that came with my used machine. Very high quality unit, but not exactly sure how they operate.
After starting the machine, the stator starts to put out volts of power to supply the system. As the voltage rises above 13 volts the isolator opens its switch and lets the excess voltage go to the auxiliary battery.

Reactions: Hondasxs
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
After starting the machine, the stator starts to put out volts of power to supply the system. As the voltage rises above 13 volts the isolator opens its switch and lets the excess voltage go to the auxiliary battery.

Ok, but how does it actually isolate the cranking battery? Electronically?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ok, but how does it actually isolate the cranking battery? Electronically?
When wired CORRECTLY it will disconnect when the voltage on both batteries drop to 12.7 volts or less. Thus isolating the second battery from the primary.

If you wire up your system for key-off use CORRECTLY you should never drain your primary battery.

Key word = CORRECRLY.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Also. The isolator has NOTHING to do with accessories or how they operate. It is only a draw bridge that connects and disconnects batteries at 12.8 volts.

What ever happens on the other side of the bridge is subject to your wireing job.

advertisement
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Also. The isolator has NOTHING to do with accessories or how they operate. It is only a draw bridge that connects and disconnects batteries at 12.8 volts.

What ever happens on the other side of the bridge is subject to your wireing job.
I'm about to buy your isolator kit ($119 on sale IIRC) for my Talon. What does the extra relay do, is it explained in the instructions? I think it plugs into the orange plug shown in the photo. I assume a wiring diagram is included? TIA

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm about to buy your isolator kit ($119 on sale IIRC) for my Talon. What does the extra relay do, is it explained in the instructions? I think it plugs into the orange plug shown in the photo. I assume a wiring diagram is included? TIA

The relay allows the dual volt meter to turn on and off with the key. If there was no relay the volt meter would be on all the time. Which would drain both of your batteries.

Reactions: CID
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
The relay allows the dual volt meter to turn on and off with the key. If there was no relay the volt meter would be on all the time. Which would drain both of your batteries.
BUT...
If your entire accessory system is AFTER a stinger or second battery relay setup like most, then you can eliminate the TrueAM relay and just put 1 line on the accessory fuse block and the other line on a key-on line.

Reactions: CID and TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!