Turbo Talon Owners - Would you do it all over again?

K

KenThompson

Aug 25, 2019
Mulino
Ownership

1. Talon X
Any chance anyone has the part numbers for this Donaldson/Top Spin Setup? I'm about ready to take the copper vitamin trying to clean the Jackson setup and there upgrade doesn't really make changing/cleaning the filter any easier. Thanks, I tried to lookup Donaldson 3" cartridges but it was rough.
The Donaldson I used was G082528 housing with P828889 filter, and the Top Spin pre-filter #H002853.
8222A317 82EE 4C1F A735 1C0248BD2134

Reactions: Drainbung
W

Wigglysqiggly

May 8, 2019
Phoenix
Ownership

1. Talon X
Got a question turbo support bolt keeps get loose and suggestions

Killer223

Killer223

Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2019
Got a question turbo support bolt keeps get loose and suggestions
My bracket kept getting loose, so I ended up fishplating and welding it. the support bolt had a nylock nut so it's not loosened on me.

T

Thesheep89

Nov 8, 2020
San Bernardino
Ownership

1. Talon R
Kraftwerks owner here. It's the way the talon should come from the factory. I think the car is perfect now. The most range is money now. It makes it a much more capable machine. In Sand mountain Utah it was worm to get the car up sand mountain and to the dunes on the backside. Now it's no problem. Highly recommend the Kraftwerks kit. High quality and worry every penny.

Reactions: Hometeam
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Kraftwerks owner here. It's the way the talon should come from the factory. I think the car is perfect now. The most range is money now. It makes it a much more capable machine. In Sand mountain Utah it was worm to get the car up sand mountain and to the dunes on the backside. Now it's no problem. Highly recommend the Kraftwerks kit. High quality and worry every penny.
Did you do pistons or anything else with the Kraftworks kit? And who's tune are you running? I am debating on which kit to get...

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Did you do pistons or anything else with the Kraftworks kit? And who's tune are you running? I am debating on which kit to get...
The Kraftworks kit is good. Pair it up with PPEI tuning and you will have a ripper. As far as pistons go.... You might be able to get away with stock pistons for a while (or not) but I'd recommend swapping them out before they become a problem. Wossner pistons are very high quality and are reasonably priced. If I were in the market for a turbo kit, this is the route I'd take.

Reactions: Hometeam and CID
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
The Kraftworks kit is good. Pair it up with PPEI tuning and you will have a ripper. As far as pistons go.... You might be able to get away with stock pistons for a while (or not) but I'd recommend swapping them out before they become a problem. Wossner pistons are very high quality and are reasonably priced. If I were in the market for a turbo kit, this is the route I'd take.
Thanks! I do plan on doing pistons at the same time. The Kraftworks kit appears to be the way for me to go. Either kit I planned on doing a better intake and pistons which would require to get either one tuned. At that point the Kraftworks seems to be the better value. But I have zero first hand experience with either kit. I didn't want to get the Kraftworks if it wasn't a "better" kit, but just a cheaper kit. I like doing things one and done!)

W

Wigglysqiggly

May 8, 2019
Phoenix
Ownership

1. Talon X
I went with the jackson kit because more OEM plus look. Kraft seemed too wild looking and not even the can am has a big intercooler like that

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!