Talon Turbo

M

Moto4

Mar 18, 2019
Vermont
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
any more updates from anyone. i have the kit installed .. running at 14psi. and love it.
Are you running the Jackson Turbo? I'm only getting 8psi of boost. Did you make any adjustments to the Turbo to get 14psi? It runs great at 8psi but I wouldn't mind a little more power.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
My pioneer was about max duty cycle at 9-10 psi with talon injectors. Ktm 1290 bike injectors are a direct swap and flow about 20% more.

Adam_20_Adam

Adam_20_Adam

Aug 25, 2019
Western Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I am right there with you.
I did some modifications to my air intake / filter with the turbo kit. Honda says you can't use the particle separator with the turbo. See pictures and makes intake high in cab helps with the heat and has lowered filter cleanings and replacement by at least 50%. Access to filter super easy as well.

20201212 145649 20201212 145635 20201212 145642

M

MDFMac

Aug 23, 2020
upstate ny
Ownership

1. Talon X
Are you running the Jackson Turbo? I'm only getting 8psi of boost. Did you make any adjustments to the Turbo to get 14psi? It runs great at 8psi but I wouldn't mind a little more power.
yes i have jacksons turbo and i had to add a boost controller and tune the fuel my self.

M

MDFMac

Aug 23, 2020
upstate ny
Ownership

1. Talon X
I did some modifications to my air intake / filter with the turbo kit. Honda says you can't use the particle separator with the turbo. See pictures and makes intake high in cab helps with the heat and has lowered filter cleanings and replacement by at least 50%. Access to filter super easy as well.

View attachment 240891 View attachment 240892 View attachment 240893
nice job. i just removed the jackson filter and installed a donaldson and built a snorkel for it

M

Moto4

Mar 18, 2019
Vermont
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
yes i have jacksons turbo and i had to add a boost controller and tune the fuel my self.
Looks like your really into it. A little more involved than what I want to get. Between your turbo mods and Evo exhaust it must really rip. Have you ever timed it with a Draggy or acceleration app?

M

MDFMac

Aug 23, 2020
upstate ny
Ownership

1. Talon X
Looks like your really into it. A little more involved than what I want to get. Between your turbo mods and Evo exhaust it must really rip. Have you ever timed it with a Draggy or acceleration app?
yea i have a draggy.. on dirt 6.0 0 to 60 in 4w have not done it on pavement recently and all 4 spinning like hell lol

H

HondaTech

? More info! Produce more for the 700?

Since there spraying fuel for a single 700cc cylinder, id assume there able to spray more at a lower duty cycle than a injector designed for a single 500cc cylinder (x2) like the Talon.

But anyhow with an aftermarket muffler they cant shoot enough fuel to get he AFR correct. I belive with the stock muffler they are already at 80-85% duty cycle.

Several guys my GM talked to says they will need replaced to make anymore power out of it.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
M

MDFMac

Aug 23, 2020
upstate ny
Ownership

1. Talon X
i am running the jackson injectors with evo exhaust and am able to give it enough fuel no problem at 14 psi. i dont think i can go much further tho. im maintaining 11to1 to 12to1 at full boost.

Adam_20_Adam

Adam_20_Adam

Aug 25, 2019
Western Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Quick question anyone able to pull a wheelie or at least drive one out. I can almost get my 4 seater to come up into one just not quite. And if so what mods got you there. I have the Jackson turbo kit. No other engine mods at this time. Pictures or it didn't happen. Thanks
Adam

IMG 13451

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pretty sure I saw a pioneer hang wheelies in this site a while back, probably was photoshop

Reactions: CumminsPusher
GBell

GBell

Apr 21, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Jumping in on the specific question about being able to run an aftermarket slip-on exhaust with the JR turbo kit to offer a small amount of information:

I bought my Evo slip-on exhaust very lightly used from a local guy who has the JR turbo kit and had the Evo slip-on. He wasn’t satisfied with his AFR numbers with the Evo and that’s why I now have the exhaust.

He ran the Evo exhaust with the turbo kit and also ran an wideband AFR gauge to check the combination and it wasn’t to his liking.

Unfortunately, I cannot report exactly what he was seeing in terms of numbers with the Evo exhaust, but the consensus seems to be that JR definitely has the kit tuned to mate up with the factory exhaust and the factory exhaust only.

I understand that this is not my direct hands-on experience so take it for what it’s worth.
It was way to lean for me! I'm in Missouri @ 1296 feet of elevation so the closer you to see level the hotter its going to be! Put the stock muffler on and it cooled down. I really wish we had the option to add more fuel! Also if you run higher octane fuel it will not run well at all. The timing is to slow for high octane fuels. Just an FYI

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!