Talon Turbo

C

CincyCuda68

Sep 27, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon R
He posted a picture about 4 hours ago headed home, said it was great day of testing.

I would wager that something was done incorrectly or installed improperly. After we got his installed and flashed, we allowed it idle for a bit. Then it got flogged that night and the next morning. Its probably safe to say his is going to be ok.
Think consensus is a vacuum leak, they did the install themselves.

Reactions: 1HasBeen
Cyberjunk

Cyberjunk

Berserker
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2017
Crane Hill Alabama
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 700-4
The Jackson turboed factory talon team just ran the king of the hammers race , I figure that that long of hard running didn’t cause any failures , granted it was a factory team with unlimited resources . The claim was besides some cage mods it was a stock machine . I feel theses failures had to be installation related .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JACKAL and Mudwing
Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
Think consensus is a vacuum leak, they did the install themselves.

common issue with inexperienced turbo install.

meticulous assembly of connections is critical.

running boost on my sled.......

Reactions: CincyCuda68
C

CincyCuda68

Sep 27, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon R
I dont have a facebook, but the dealership does. We're still waiting on info on our 2nd kit, not sure what availability will be like in the coming months.

If you visit our website, you can also send a service request for info and our service manager can get back to you on it.

Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/honda.fairfield/

Service Info Request: Service Quote Request Honda of Fairfield Fairfield, OH (513) 858-1000
Stopped in to HOF today, great conversation about the kit and very helpful!

CPope

CPope

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Pulaski TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Happy we could be helpful in making your decision.

My GM did have his Talon at the shop, we're currently working out a better air filter situation.
So any latest news on the performance of the turbo?

H

HondaTech

So any latest news on the performance of the turbo?

He drove it at Haspin Acres this last weekend and said it would take some getting use to. Whereas before it could be flat footed everywhere, it takes some skill to get up some hills and places without blowing the tires off.

The airbox design is not the greatest for mud/water. We've got a temporary solution for now, but we'd like to replace the entire airbox as an assembly with something more weather friendly.

Also found the K&N numbers for the "proprietary" Jackson filter and sock.

Last edited:
Reactions: NTCPrezJB
C

CincyCuda68

Sep 27, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon R
Does the flash tool have boost and AFR? I bought a Boost/AFR meter and will test stock and EVO exhaust as soon as my kit arrives.
And a 4th blown machine reported out of TX. Hope they post some info on how these are blowing up, hope that it’s user install error.

Reactions: Sheetmetalfab
BPINE

BPINE

Nov 15, 2019
San Jose, Ca
www.youtube.com
Ownership

1. Talon R
Well that isn't good, i saw a youtube install video and his didn't run right so he reflashed and it ran correctly, that might be the problem. Glad I got the afr meter.

1HasBeen

Oct 20, 2019
Wickenburg, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Happy we could be helpful in making your decision.

My GM did have his Talon at the shop, we're currently working out a better air filter situation.
I wish they had gone with a Donaldson with a safety element, instead of a dang K&N window screen.

H

HondaTech

Does the flash tool have boost and AFR? I bought a Boost/AFR meter and will test stock and EVO exhaust as soon as my kit arrives.

It does show boost but not AFR, we've installed a gauge to display both as well in his. I'm guessing the ECM isn't capable of AFR ouput. He had to have a 2nd O2 sensor installed to read.

The units with failures are discouraging, but his is trucking right along so far.

We're also looking into why the ECM won't identify itself through our MCS after flashing. Only displays EPS and I4WD modules now.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!