P1000 Turf mode

J

JTW

It's been doing it since I got it. I worked on it for 2 hours last night. Seamed like an easy fix but will not go into 2wd and light will not come on now. I lined everything up as manual and the Neohio shows in video still didn't work, played with it some more to see if I can get the tension correct with no resolve. And it's not even as hard as turning a wrench, you can turn those nuts with your fingers. I already have it going in Friday for the heat fix issue anyway.
Yeah.. if you're taking it in then let them mess with it. I'm an hour from a dealer so I tend to fix things myself. Also, if you become a lifetime member there might be service manual or 2. Well worth it!!!

ohiohunter

ohiohunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2016
Minerva Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah.. if you're taking it in then let them mess with it. I'm an hour from a dealer so I tend to fix things myself. Also, if you become a lifetime member ($40) you have access to the PDF of the service manual. Well worth it!!!
I'm about 15 minutes from my local Honda dealer but I don't take it there they are terrible, I take it to another one about an hour away. They are great to work with and always have time to answer any questions I have. Just like the heat issue, I called them up and they just said bring it in, not like some guys are getting told to wait for their letter to come.
I am life time member, but the manual didn't get me quite there. Had to back the center cable off 7 turns from manual to get it to work. Now it going in and out within a few feet of switching lever, I could probably get it even better with a little more time.

S

sargenthp

May 17, 2017
US
Just make sure you don't crank the cables too tight. I have seen a YouTube video where someone did that and caused the cog to pop off the fork. At that point the rear end needs to come apart.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Reactions: joeymt33
C

chapee

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2019
Trussville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah.. if you're taking it in then let them mess with it. I'm an hour from a dealer so I tend to fix things myself. Also, if you become a lifetime member ($40) you have access to the PDF of the service manual. Well worth it!!!
I am a Lifetime Member - where do I find the PDF of the service manual for P1K?

Reactions: TimG
E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The mistake some of you are having is from the manual. It states to put shift lever in 2 wd. That means 2WD LOCK, Once in this position follow directions to adjust cables. Once I figured it out my P1000 hasn't had ANY shift issues.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The mistake some of you are having is from the manual. It states to put shift lever in 2 wd. That means 2WD LOCK, Once in this position follow directions to adjust cables. Once I figured it out my P1000 hasn't had ANY shift issues.
And everyone keep in mind that as a safety measure, when you shift in to Park, by design, it locks the rear diff even if you are in turf mode! So if you jack up your rear wheels to turn them while making adjustments, make sure your trans is in neutral.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
IIRC, the way to think about cable adjustments is to remember the fact the cables don't "pull" the diff IN to lock. They "pull" the diff OUT of lock. If the incoming cables aren't pulling on the outgoing cable, the diff will be locked.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!