Used Market Pricing

xltman

xltman

Feb 1, 2017
US
So I have a 2021 Pioneer 1000-5 and am thinking of moving to the Talon 1000x-4. I'm having a hard time on deciding on how to price the unit in this market. I have the extended Honda warranty, which I know helps. Also have Tusk aluminum roof, glass windshield, Fox shocks, Superatv front and rear arms, RB3 wide track kit, door spacers, kicker audio, lights, 28" tires, winch......

In this messed up market do I just take offers? How have you guys been pricing?

Ed04f1940a6a55786ce78623b9020049

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

Lochsa88

Lochsa88

Apr 13, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
no reason not to ask what you have into it. nice setup. will save someone the time, and they likely cant get the machine or accessories anyhow.

plus you'll no doubt be paying premium for the new talon, when you can find one.

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So I have a 2021 Pioneer 1000-5 and am thinking of moving to the Talon 1000x-4. I'm having a hard time on deciding on how to price the unit in this market. I have the extended Honda warranty, which I know helps. Also have Tusk aluminum roof, glass windshield, Fox shocks, Superatv front and rear arms, RB3 wide track kit, door spacers, kicker audio, lights, 28" tires, winch......

In this messed up market do I just take offers? How have you guys been pricing?

View attachment 319948

I'am not sure the amount you should ask. It's according to what you have in it. Price it to sell if you really want to sell it. Today I'm picking up a new 2021 1000-3 with cab, glass flip out window, heater and other accessories and I paid just over $23K. What I'm saying is this market is about to change. People are building stuff, like new cars and bikes. When the new stuff starts catching up the used vehicle prices are going to tumble fast. It will be fast too, over night almost. So if you really want to sell it price to sell.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Why not trade it to a dealer who has a Talon-4? My guess is you want to price it at full retail plus full price of accessories and warranty.

Used units with low miles and hours are currently bringing high prices but yours has a lot of miles for a 2021.

Condition matters. Your machine looks good but a single photo doesn't show much..

3,000 miles is a lot of miles if it was accumulated on hard trails and in the mud or at screaming high rpm on blacktop. Does the machine have a service history? If I was considering it I would ask for service history and repair records.

Location is an important factor also. Where is the machine?

The US consumer economy rides on credit. Few buyers can hand over cash or a good check for the amount you'll be asking. Cash in hand limits your buyers.

Do you have a clear title? If you have an outstanding loan on the machine that makes it a little harder to buy. A wise buyer would be reluctant to hand over $20,000 and hope you pay off the note and deliver a clear title at a future date.

Last edited:
xltman

xltman

Feb 1, 2017
US
All good points made. Currently dealers are dealing with the same used dilemma as we are. They are not offering much in the way of trade in when the units are accessorized. They are going for highest profit possible.

As far as title, here in Wisconsin we don't have titles on recreational vehicles, just registration cards.

As for condition, everything is always subjective. We use our machine; it's run Outlaw trails such as Beer can alley and Flag Rock. Used on 75% of Hatfield trails including Rockhouse and devil Anse. We also use it here on forest roads and pavement. As with any vehicle it's how you run and care for it. These things are amazing machines, if we tried to do half of what we do in our old mud trucks you would have a trailer load of parts to carry home.

Reactions: Lady01 and toddvdh

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!