Tenor 1

#NTC

W

winborn

Jun 22, 2021
Chattanooga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So after putting down a deposit in May for a 1000-5 that was supposed to be delivered at the end of July I was just told the ā€œnewestā€ delivery list says mid-October. Disappointed of course, but not surprised. So am now checking out the used market. The prices are certainly not cheap but it seems that I can get a slightly used (2018 deluxe w/3000miā€™s) that has most of the upgrades iā€™m looking for (probably ~4K worth) for slightly less than I was going to spend for a base model with no upgrades. It seems like a pretty good way to go, but my question to the knowledgeable masses is this: Is 3,000 miles relatively ā€œlowā€ for Pioneers? And what are some things I should ask and/or check on a used vehicle before buying? Any insights are welcome. Thanks.
I ā€wonā€ , believe it or not, a 2021 pioneer 1000 delux with lots of options. I would take 21k for it. It has 120 miles on it.

bmcote

bmcote

Supporting Member
Mar 4, 2021
Colchester, CT
Ownership

1. 1000-5
for comparison, my dad just picked up a 2018 700-4 with 1100 miles on it. bought it in NJ and trucked it back up to maine himself. paid around $12K for it at a dealership. came with a front light bar, roof, set of spare tires and rims, and a 5000 lb winch. had some minor dings and rust in the underbelly because it didnt have a skidplate (only the stock plastic cover). he went through and cleaned the undercarrage when he got it back north. also did an oil change just for safe keeping. been running great for about a month now!

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
It's simply stupid to claim Honda doesn't care. Did a spokesman for Honda corporation tell you that? What makes you say such a stupid thing?

Honda corporation exists solely to manufacture and sell cars, motorcycles, atv/utvs, boat motors, and more. Honda has probably lost $100 million dollars over the last year due to shortages or lack of semi--conductors or whatever small electronic parts are not available. Dealers across the nation have lot millions of dollars as well.

The fact that Honda doesn't release weekly press releases advising us that they cannot obtain essential components and don't know when they will have them would not do anyone any good.

Reactions: Squeegee
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I ā€wonā€ , believe it or not, a 2021 pioneer 1000 delux with lots of options. I would take 21k for it. It has 120 miles on it.
Provide photos and your contact information if your claim is valid.

Reactions: Squeegee
mlynch001

mlynch001

Oct 7, 2020
Dardanelle, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are you dealing with a POWERHOUSE Dealer for your purchase? The POWERHOUSE Dealers will get first choice of any available units. When production is low and demand is high, the POWERHOUSE dealer is where you might find units (and likely the highest prices). When demand is low and production is normal, almost all dealers will have stock and will be "making deals".

I bought used, not because of availability, but because I was not going to spend $20-25K for something to drive in the woods. Bought a "salvaged" 2016 1000-5 (blown engine and many other problems); rebuilt it to better than new. I've got about $10K in the machine, total. So I am way ahead of the game.

This only works if you have the knowledge, tools, money and plenty of time to invest in fixing up a (badly) used machine. Caveat Emptor - "let the buyer beware". Otherwise, My vote would be for new if you lack any of the above.

50+ years as a machinist, mechanic, HONDA Service Tech/Service Manager and Dealer GM. Good Luck.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!