P700 Voltage meter cosmetic question

jmanAZ

jmanAZ

Jan 14, 2020
tucson
Ownership

1. 700-4
I got my panel from Mystic and I'm starting to purchase my switches. I'm going to run the voltmeter/USB charger rocker style. I'm wierd about seeing lights on gauges and things sucking power when not needed. I'll have everything to the accessory switch on/off cable, but just curious who uses a switch to turn off/on their voltage meters. If yes, then curious why.
thanks in advance. I understand that it will only suck power while the machine is on so that's not the question.

thanks in advance

BHarris8753

BHarris8753

Jan 18, 2020
Robbins, NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
I ran my volt meter on anytime the key is on so i can monitor the battery voltage at any time so if a problem arose then id know before the battery was drained. The rocker switches i went with have a power indicator led on them that is powered ant time the key is on, not a huge fan of the light in the daylight, but night time is nice to be able to tell where the rockers are.

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
20200718 075128

20200718 075134

No juice goes to any accessories from my 2nd battery unless one of these switches are on.

Reactions: jmanAZ and Mudwing
jmanAZ

jmanAZ

Jan 14, 2020
tucson
Ownership

1. 700-4
I ran my volt meter on anytime the key is on so i can monitor the battery voltage at any time so if a problem arose then id know before the battery was drained. The rocker switches i went with have a power indicator led on them that is powered ant time the key is on, not a huge fan of the light in the daylight, but night time is nice to be able to tell where the rockers are.
thanks

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!