BOX1

P500 WE SHOCKS ORDERED! Will I notice?

Steve00

Steve00

Feb 15, 2018
Florida
Ownership

1. 500
Walker Evan's shocks ordered with 1.5 inch wheel spacers and removing sway bar, Will I notice a difference on the whoops? There killing me at my atv park they dont groom the trails.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
You will not notice a difference...... please send them onto me.

Groom trails really? Snowmobile trail groomers here but UTV..nope. fact here we don’t have controlled UTV/ATV tracks (only closed course race loops). All our riding is done on public lands so far thankfully.
Have fun in the whoops, I’m guessing you’ll be 1-2 gears quicker.
j

25yrds

Oct 28, 2019
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I'm envious! Counting on you to let me/us know how much improvement (there will definitely be improvement) you experience.

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
How much did they set you back? Asking for a friend :cool:

Reactions: Mudwing
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Walker Evan's shocks ordered with 1.5 inch wheel spacers and removing sway bar, Will I notice a difference on the whoops? There killing me at my atv park they dont groom the trails.
FREE SOLUTION ! SLOW DOWN

Reactions: Gassygordo
nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
YES.

nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Just a heads up,,When you mount the fronts,with machine jacked up clear of the floor,spin your right front tire to make sure there is no binding in the axle at full droop.Mine did,it was a bump,bump,bump in the CV joint.I cut my lower shock mounts off and moved them 1/2" outwards on the A-arm.That was all it took to fix the binding.Turn the steering lock to lock while checking.The axle shaft is so short on that side.The left had no binding.Keep your spring pre-load light and the clicker out aways,and they give a great ride.

Reactions: Gassygordo
B

Boneanza

Oct 29, 2016
Missouri
Ownership

1. 500
I Added the shocks without the spacers or disconnecting the sway bar... and still made a big difference! Enjoy!

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon x4
I don't think I would own a P500 without WE shocks. They made a tremendous difference. Won't ride like a bigger machine, but still a huge improvement.

Steve00

Steve00

Feb 15, 2018
Florida
Ownership

1. 500
Well I got them hooked up remove sway bar added 1.5 in spacers tested amount today absolutely amazing ride so much better now when I hit the real deep whoops yeah it's still an issue but overall a 50% Improvement got to tell you no regrets all I have to do is figure out a good setup for my preloads does anyone have any idea what a good setup would be for the preloads I kept them as light as possible I'm just fear them bottoming out.

nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Well I got them hooked up remove sway bar added 1.5 in spacers tested amount today absolutely amazing ride so much better now when I hit the real deep whoops yeah it's still an issue but overall a 50% Improvement got to tell you no regrets all I have to do is figure out a good setup for my preloads does anyone have any idea what a good setup would be for the preloads I kept them as light as possible I'm just fear them bottoming out.
Congrats on the WE's ! I'll try to measure where my preload is set tomorrow.Might give you a decent starting point.Don't be afraid to bottom them occasionally,You won't be using all of the wheel travel if they don't.Clickers can be turned in to help with the bottoming out.Did you check the right front for any binding in the CV joint?

Reactions: Arizona
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Just set your ride height to what it was before the install, that's a good starting point. Then they'll settle and you'll have to adjust preload again, had to do that like 3 times with mine.

Reactions: nctrailboss
nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
I'm at 2 1/4" of thread showing on top with the fronts,1 1/8" in the rear.

Reactions: trigger
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!