Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Looks good Monte. Hope you have a set of good knee pads. 😊
Caper
Thank you. I can’t stand to wear knee pads. I have a nice little 3” pad that I use. I also have a young man helping, spreading glue and chasing what I need.

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thank you... The Saltillo tile is 12x12, and the engineered flooring is 3” and 7” widths and random lengths to 7’
Turned out nice. I used the waterproof (?) Pergo Extreme due to the 60 odd claws that run around on the floor constantly...track in rain and snow and mud and dead animals they catch. On the 2nd year and no problems so far.

We actually did a "kinda" Southwestern pattern ceramic at the entrances and hearth...before I forced the use of propane vs wood stove. The thermastat requires much less effort than cutting, splitting and hauling fire wood...and...the propane is not messy.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Turned out nice. I used the waterproof (?) Pergo Extreme due to the 60 odd claws that run around on the floor constantly...track in rain and snow and mud and dead animals they catch. On the 2nd year and no problems so far.

We actually did a "kinda" Southwestern pattern ceramic at the entrances and hearth...before I forced the use of propane vs wood stove. The thermastat requires much less effort than cutting, splitting and hauling fire wood...and...the propane is not messy.
I don’t allow claws in the house, so no worries on that. 😂

I do have propane heat but there’s nothing like fire so there will be a soapstone or similar wood stove in the living area and a small kiva in the bedroom, and I love cutting, clearing, burning and splitting firewood, really everything about it, even the mess that needs cleaning.

SWB

SWB

Apr 22, 2019
South Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
We have propane heat also. Sure nice to back up to every now and then.

Here is forecast for mid week.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Reactions: Pilgrim and Caper
advertisement
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I don’t allow claws in the house, so no worries on that. 😂

I do have propane heat but there’s nothing like fire so there will be a soapstone or similar wood stove in the living area and a small kiva in the bedroom, and I love cutting, clearing, burning and splitting firewood, really everything about it, even the mess that needs cleaning.
You must be under 40...I still loved the sound and vibration of the chainsaw...hauling wood out of the wood with the tractor, cutting it into stove size chunks and spliting piece after piece into nice split fire wood...it was a family event. I even sold a few cords and gave a few to the old ladies in town and heated the shop with wood with two stoves and one in the house on the ground floor that heated 2.5 floors just fine. NOW... the old ladies are dead, I heat the shop and a flat house with propane fired hydronics and I gave away about 15 cords of logs to neighbors and I have a really pretty soapstone and deep red porceline wood stove in the garage waiting for the copilot to list it for sale. She does go out there once in awhile and look at the stove and then comes in and flicks the switch on the thermostat on the propane stove and goes back to reading a book without any real effort.

I want to keep the wood stove to remind me of all the horse poop I did for sooooo many years to feed a wood stove and now I don't.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
and I have a really pretty soapstone and deep red porceline wood stove in the garage waiting for the copilot to list it for sale.
Send me pics of both and if I and the lady like either one you can bring it to Montrose and I’ll buy it, or trade you hatch green chili’s and frijoles for it....😎

16EC71BE 2D1C 45C2 A7F8 8ACFA70A7E11

Reactions: Pilgrim and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
You must be under 40...I still loved the sound and vibration of the chainsaw...hauling wood out of the wood with the tractor, cutting it into stove size chunks and spliting piece after piece into nice split fire wood...it was a family event. I even sold a few cords and gave a few to the old ladies in town and heated the shop with wood with two stoves and one in the house on the ground floor that heated 2.5 floors just fine. NOW... the old ladies are dead, I heat the shop and a flat house with propane fired hydronics and I gave away about 15 cords of logs to neighbors and I have a really pretty soapstone and deep red porceline wood stove in the garage waiting for the copilot to list it for sale. She does go out there once in awhile and look at the stove and then comes in and flicks the switch on the thermostat on the propane stove and goes back to reading a book without any real effort.

I want to keep the wood stove to remind me of all the horse poop I did for sooooo many years to feed a wood stove and now I don't.
A good friend here, burner wood, soft wood, in his Vermount stove everyday, and before work he'd turn it down and go to work. one day he was late and when he came, he said his chimney caught fire. He sold the stove and went to propane. After a couple years he went back to wood. Hardwood. Propane is tooo expensive here.
Save your woodstove, just incase
Caper

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Send me pics of both and if I and the lady like either one you can bring it to Montrose and I’ll buy it, or trade you hatch green chili’s and frijoles for it....

View attachment 267060

Man I miss those fresh roasted hatch chilies from NM. When we lived there you could buy them almost anywhere along the roadside in the fall. Ballon Fiesta time, another thing that we miss about NM. Gotta get back out there in the fall one year soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!