Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Mostly Maple. Some Oak, and a little Silver Birch. I have 5 cords of Rock Maple cut and split at the camp under cover. Rock Maple will last a long time just sitting on the ground. Plus burns long and hot.
Caper
We have soft Maple around here, pee poor fire wood.

Reactions: Caper
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Finally started a light rain about an hour ago.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I burn mostly Oak.
Do you guys have a lot of oak down there. My neighbors across the street have two giant oaks over their house. Probably 2’ across. One smaller then them came down in Juan and just missed the house. Next time they won’t be so lucky.
I had a lot of free wood from Juan.
Haha
Caper

Reactions: Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Do you guys have a lot of oak down there. My neighbors across the street have two giant oaks over their house. Probably 2’ across. One smaller then them came down in Juan and just missed the house. Next time they won’t be so lucky.
I had a lot of free wood from Juan.
Haha
Caper
We have a lot of Oaks, Red Oak is my favorite, makes less ash. I purposely planted our trees away from the house due to possible storm damage. I love the North Country, used to go to Ontario for two weeks every Summer to go fishing. I've caught some nice fish up there.

• Love
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
We have a lot of Oaks, Red Oak is my favorite, makes less ash. I purposely planted our trees away from the house due to possible storm damage. I love the North Country, used to go to Ontario for two weeks every Summer to go fishing. I've caught some nice fish up there.
You would love to go to my buddies fishing lodge in Northern Labrador. Giant salmon and trout.
Caper

advertisement
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You can take a plane to Halifax, then one to GooseBay, then a float plane to the river. My buddy from Alberta goes every year.
Caper
I love the fly out trips to remote lakes!

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I love the fly out trips to remote lakes!
These guys only fly fish. We grew up salmon fishing around here when there were lots of salmon. Now you need to go to Labrador to catch them. My buddy invites me and he’s not worried about the money, but he has people from all over the world wanting to go. He had Chuck Yeager call him about 20 years ago and ask if he could come up to his place on the Margaree to do some salmon fishing. When there was lots of fish in Cape Breton. He has a few connections.
Haha
O

• Haha
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
These guys only fly fish. We grew up salmon fishing around here when there were lots of salmon. Now you need to go to Labrador to catch them. My buddy invites me and he’s not worried about the money, but he has people from all over the world wanting to go. He had Chuck Yeager call him about 20 years ago and ask if he could come up to his place on the Margaree to do some salmon fishing. When there was lots of fish in Cape Breton. He has a few connections.
Haha
O
My oldest son used to be a Fly Fishing guide in Alaska and Chile, Alaska in the Summer and Chile in the in the Winter. My son has told me several times that the Salmon aren't feeding on there runs up the rivers to spawn, you are actually snagging them in the mouth?

• Love
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
My oldest son used to be a Fly Fishing guide in Alaska and Chile, Alaska in the Summer and Chile in the in the Winter. My son has told me several times that the Salmon aren't feeding on there runs up the rivers to spawn, you are actually snagging them in the mouth?
Pacific salmon just go one way. Up river to spawn. Atlantic salmon go up and spawn and then go out back to sea for another year. Atlantic, you try and put the fly around them so they snap at it. I’ve seen Salmon go after birds flying just over the river. And I have seen them take a mouse on top of the water swimming. But wouldn’t take my little fly. Haha. Always fun no matter what you catch. Your son would know the feeling of a swirl under your fly. All your hair stands up. Haha
Caper

• Haha
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Pacific salmon just go one way. Up river to spawn. Atlantic salmon go up and spawn and then go out back to sea for another year. Atlantic, you try and put the fly around them so they snap at it. I’ve seen Salmon go after birds flying just over the river. And I have seen them take a mouse on top of the water swimming. But wouldn’t take my little fly. Haha. Always fun no matter what you catch. Your son would know the feeling of a swirl under your fly. All your hair stands up. Haha
Caper
Bears love that time of year. I didn't know that.

• Love
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Canada vs US women’s hockey in ten minutes for the gold medal. Should be a good game. Both strong teams.
Go Canada Go !!
😊
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Warm this morning. 45 but really windy. A lot of the ice went last night and some snow. Rain tonight and nasty tomorrow. Pouring rain all day then a flash freeze Friday evening and a couple inches of snow Saturday.
Where’s spring.
Caper

Reactions: Wallace and SWB
Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
65 this morning heading to 70. Intermittent heavy rain and a thunderstorm or 2.

• Love
advertisement