Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well the Crab boil came together for my Sons Birthday Sunday and was a success, we did have a hiccup though, the kitchen and garage refrigerators crammed full of food for the event, the kitchen refrigerator decide to give up the ghost in the early morning hours Sunday, lost the main refrigerator, broke out the ice chests, shuffled food around to the garage refrigerator and chest freezer, no machine going to ruin this party! And to top it off, thought I was going to have take my wife to the ER last night, come to find out she got bit by a Brown Recluse and had a severe reaction, in a lot of pain, she took some pain meds that knocked her out and went to the DR this morning, she on antibiotics for spider bites now. The bite looks like a bulls eye, purple. We have to watch it closely, with no complications should heal in 3 weeks. Heck of a week end.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Well the Crab boil came together for my Sons Birthday Sunday and was a success, we did have a hiccup though, the kitchen and garage refrigerators crammed full of food for the event, the kitchen refrigerator decide to give up the ghost in the early morning hours Sunday, lost the main refrigerator, broke out the ice chests, shuffled food around to the garage refrigerator and chest freezer, no machine going to ruin this party! And to top it off, thought I was going to have take my wife to the ER last night, come to find out she got bit by a Brown Recluse and had a severe reaction, in a lot of pain, she took some pain meds that knocked her out and went to the DR this morning, she on antibiotics for spider bites now. The bite looks like a bulls eye, purple. We have to watch it closely, with no complications should heal in 3 weeks. Heck of a week end.
The Eric Roude , oil rig that came up from Mississippi, gas Brown Recluse and Black widows on it. They had a couple in bottles so we’d know what they looked like. It was too easy to scare the hell out of the young guys I had working for me. I had one guy over the deck head and just his boots sticking out in the hallway. I couldn’t resist taking a piece of corn broom, and just going up his leg inside his pant leg. That boy never moved so fast. I thought he was going to come down through the ceiling. haha. My kids had a plastic black spider that you could push down and eventually it would pop up, i painted a little red spot on the back.I put it in the elevator shaft, with no elevator, and put it on a frame in the back side, probably only 3 or 4’. I called Bill over and said, look, I think it’s a black widow. He was scared of spiders anyway. We were both in the little door, him in front, of course, and then the spider hopped. Haha, he almost ran right over me. And kept running. All I could do or say was laugh.
Good for moral boosting.
next morning at the safety briefing was a good laugh. That’s why my guys worked their asses off for me.
You gotta laugh at work,
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Sorry for your wife. Hope she’s better soon. She’ll get a laugh at the story too I’m sure.
Caper

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335
advertisement
SWB

SWB

Apr 22, 2019
South Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Look like it could get dry and hot next couple months. Hopefully it changes and will get some afternoon type thunderstorms or some rain off GOM.

Reactions: Smitty335 and Caper
GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It does this every year, must be global warming for the last 64.5 years, We expect rain the end of August.
But Brandon is fixing global warming! (Although it’s been like this for all of my 50 years…it gets hot in the summer)

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: Smitty335 and Caper
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!