Weather Talk

SWB

SWB

Apr 22, 2019
South Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Made it to mid 70's today. 63 right now.
@Wallace

• Love
Reactions: Smitty335 and Caper
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Don’t want that
Caper
That's for sure!!!

We're headed back to "normal" weather at least in the 14 day forecast. The really cold weather during the Dec period was the first time since we lived here that I needed to refill propane tank twice in the same month...using inflated Biden dollars....that was painful.

I may have neglected to mention I sold 2 trucks and bought 3/4 ton cargo van that will become a "traveling camp site for one". Nothing fancy, just a place to eat, sleep and crap. Now I need to decide if I need an enclosed trailer to haul "toys" in a semi-secure fashion. I have 5 trailers now, none of which are enclosed except my "mobile hunting cabin" which is not suitable to haul more than my ATV and me. It has served me well but is not suitable for larger toys. I'm thinking a 7x16 that can haul the Pioneer 700 but little else. Of course, #1 son could sleep in it along with an ATV or variety of motorcycles, gasoline, propane, water and maybe even other stuff.

This is the first time since 1970 that I didn't have a pickup...suddenly I feel inadequate.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: Caper and Smitty335
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
That's for sure!!!

We're headed back to "normal" weather at least in the 14 day forecast. The really cold weather during the Dec period was the first time since we lived here that I needed to refill propane tank twice in the same month...using inflated Biden dollars....that was painful.

I may have neglected to mention I sold 2 trucks and bought 3/4 ton cargo van that will become a "traveling camp site for one". Nothing fancy, just a place to eat, sleep and crap. Now I need to decide if I need an enclosed trailer to haul "toys" in a semi-secure fashion. I have 5 trailers now, none of which are enclosed except my "mobile hunting cabin" which is not suitable to haul more than my ATV and me. It has served me well but is not suitable for larger toys. I'm thinking a 7x16 that can haul the Pioneer 700 but little else. Of course, #1 son could sleep in it along with an ATV or variety of motorcycles, gasoline, propane, water and maybe even other stuff.

This is the first time since 1970 that I didn't have a pickup...suddenly I feel inadequate.
I’d love to have an enclosed trailer to take the bike back and forth from Cape Breton.
And I still have a pickup
Haha
Caper

Reactions: Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well I over anticipated the arrival of the cold front tonight, built a nice fire, had the wife down to her skivvies and was going to put a couple more sticks on in hopes she would go bare, well it made her sleepy and went to bed, well this skirmish tactic failed, but there's always tomorrow, more scheming underway! HA!

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well I over anticipated the arrival of the cold front tonight, built a nice fire, had the wife down to her skivvies and was going to put a couple more sticks on in hopes she would go bare, well it made her sleepy and went to bed, well this skirmish tactic failed, but there's always tomorrow, more scheming underway! HA!
Now I feel bad for you. Trust that this is not the first time that has happened.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
They are calling for our first snow tomorrow. Maybe 6”. Then rain again next week. So just enough to be a pain in the ass.
We’ve had a couple dusting , but nothing really. Past the middle of January and first snow. Hopefully this is it for thiis year.
😂
Caper

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!